Wick Question for J223 Users

I have been using Low Smoke Zincs with my J223 candles for a couple years now. I have never really had any problems and never had any complaints from customers, but they don't work as well with the heavier scents.

I have several scents I can't seem to get the LSZ to work with that my customers would like me to carry. I have decided to try to find a different wick that works well with J223 and heavier scents.

Anyone have a suggestion on where to start? I have already tried HTP's that those are a no go.

I don't use your wax I use J50. I have been told that our waxes are similar, don't know if this is true, but candlescience recommends the eco series for J50. I actually ordered a sample pack to try out. I use zinc wicks and havent had a problem with any scent but if I could achieve the same scent throw with less or no mushrooming, well that would be great. Not sure if this wick will actually work but I am willing to try. I have used the LX wicks and although they were ok I did not think the scent throw was as good. Good Luck! Wicking is a PIA but also I think kind of fun, its neat to see all the variables.

• 4 months later...

Just wondering what luck you had with your wick testing? I use the Low smoke zinc in my j223 soy mix also and hate the mushrooming I have had lately. I tried CD's but they dont seem to give off even half the scent throw as the Low smokes. I was thinking of trying the ECO 's also. Anyone else having this mushroom problem lately?