More Market Information on Soy....

I think it will really get tough in this business. May have to give it up. Carole

I just stocked up on wax. Hoping things calm down in a few months..

If they don't, I will have to re-evaluate the biz and go from there.

I love working from home, but if candles get to expensive to make, I may find another avenue of business to pursue...:cry2:

I'm not to the point of considering giving up just yet. These price increases merely put us on an even par with paraffin prices, on a per-pound basis. At least that's what I'm seeing down here but I'm lucky enough to be able to get my wax fairly local to avoid monstrous shipping charges. Those that have to have their wax shipped will be in trouble for sure :(

I bought a 50# box of CB Advanced container wax in August for $54.00. I bought another 50# box this week and the price was $69.00. Wow!

I hear ya! My supplier recently had a really good sales offer for wax but I didn't have the money at the time. Then, when I did, wow! the price had went up. I think it's went up 2x this year already! OUCH! Fortunately, they just had another sale on one of my waxes so it about made up for the price difference. I'm not going to give up though. I think later this year, things will turn around. I sure hope! Good luck to all of us!:smiley2:

Kathy F

As soon as I read this post, I went and got some more GB 415, I really just wanted to purchase 50 LBS, but the lady that I purchase my wax from said she only had 2 boxes left and she would sell them to me @ $48.00 per box for now, but next time she places an order it will be $17.00 more per BOX!!! I am like you guys, what is up!!! She said the manufacture of the wax told her that soybeans went up from $3.00 bushel to $12.00 bushel, that is all I know. I had noticed in town that even the Yank** candles have went up alot, I know that their candles probably don't have any soy in them but, I think it is the 16 oz container here in Okla. is selling for $20.00, has went up about $5.00. Thank goodness I can drive and get my wax, it is about 45 minutes away but mom and I go and make it a day of shopping and eating.