Floaters...

I would like to hear from anyone who makes floating candles. Any kind of wax, any wick, any scent, any size/shape.... how long do yours burn?

I've done large and small hearts, daisies and roses. Though all have been with 4625 and different types and sizes of wicks. It almost always averages about 1hr 45mins to 2 hrs. One rose did die after just one hour though :undecided

I'm really curious what experiences others have had with floaters....

I offer 4 sizes. One has 6-8 hours, another 20-25 hrs, another 12-15 hrs, and a fourth that burns for over 100hrs. I defeinately think you need ones that last at least 4-6 hours, otherwise they aren't worth it. I sell mainly the 20-25 hr ones, and ahve sold quite a few of the 100hr ones.

Mind if I ask what size yours are, as in how large? What kind of wax do you use? The mini hearts make good time, since it's almost 2 hrs and the hearts themselves are just barely over an inch wide. These larger ones I really expected better time :embarasse While they are wider, rose 2.3" and daisy 3.5", they're still only a lil over 1" deep. But I'm really not happy with these :cry2:

Now doesn't that just figure...lol

I think the only zinc I have is 36z and 41z. I have a HTP sample pack in the drawer still but not sure what sizes are in there. I'll go look.

I was thinking these would be along the lines of votive size wicks... maybe I should be trying larger...

Thanks ya'll! At least this gives me some ideas for different directions to go in for testing :)