What is the biggest batch of soap you've ever made in a day?

Fire and Ice

For me 4# but I've been soaping less than a week! The reason I ask this question is because of reading over at the Dish. I am just floored by the amounts of soap people like Banicoot(aka Pattie Flynn) put out in one day.

They have some big time soapers over there and I'm think we a few over here as well. I respect Everyone because everyone has done more than me! I'm just learning the ropes but I have enthusiasm!

So what your biggest soap day and how much soap did you crank out??????

Fire

My biggest batches so far have been my only two soaps I've done. Those were both 45 oz's. It's freaky going to supply sites and seeing mixing tools that are things that attach to a drill! Or molds and cutters that are big like those things that lift car engines out of cars, they're mounted! LOL

I can do up to 8 4 pound (finished soap) loaves a day too. When I'm busy I will do that 4 days a week, sometimes 5 days a week. I still have to squeeze in all the other stuff I make too and space is even more limited than time! I actually have enough wood already cut to make 12 more molds, but I can't soap that much right now anyway!

Hopefully this summer I will get my soap shop built!

My batches are just over 6 lbs. That's 9.5 pounds of wet soap, 24 bars. I have to lift the pot to pour the soap out for the swirls (I swirl in the mold), and it's pretty heavy. Although I have larger pots, I'm not sure if I'd want to do a bigger batch. 24 bars of one type is a good number for me.

e

I have soaped 5 8# batches in one day before, but that was with all the oils pre weighed for each batch so that made it go quicker. I really don't like doing that much but will when it's required.

Most of the time though I just do a couple 4# batches a day about 5 times a month. So not a whole lot of soaping going on, but not a minimal amount either.

Until you have soaped quite a few different recipes to find how the different butters & oils affect the finished & well cured product I don't see the wisdom in making big batches. I still soap many 2 1/2 to 3 lb batches to test different e/o blends and fragrance oils and I have been soaping for quite a few years. It took me many batches to find several base recipes that I liked above all others and now just change a few oils in them for variety.

The most I've ever soaped in one day was 24 42oz batches and two 15 pound upland slab molds full of acid trip bars. If I never revisited that day again it would still be too soon.

I decided I was in despirate need of a flow method to my work space and I still haven't came up with a good plan.

15lbs is the most I ever want to lift at once when it comes to raw soap. Anything larger and I'd want a small cleveland steam jacket with tilt base.

I do 4 lb batches too! (Love that Upland log!) I was debating about getting the bigger Upland slab mold but I may just stick with the smaller one for now. If I ever want to do a small exclusive batch I would be limited because I'd have a big honkin' slab mold! :embarasse