Question about Jojoba Beads

Meg_10

Hi I just have a question, I am wanting to add jojoba beads to my 3-1

soap base, it's body wash, bubble bath and shampoo in one. I also wanted to put these in Foaming bath scrubs.

I plan to do this in 4oz bottles. Question is, Ordering 1oz of jojoba beads

do they go a long way or do I need to buy a lot??

And last, I found a site that carries alot of colored jojoba beads

at soaper supplies. Any good review on the company?

Thanks

Meg

You'll probably find that the jojoba beads won't suspend, it will probably sink- I guess that depends on your formula. They do go a long way (IMO).

Even in scrubs???

I am using suspension soap that does say can use jojoba beads.

I'm so confused!! LOL

so 1oz can go a long way?

Meg

No in scrubs it should be fine. In the suspension soap it will suspend, but I'm not sure you'll get enough bubbles for a "bubble bath" you may have to add something to it for it to bubble enough. I was thinking you were using the liquid concentrate or another base.

Even in scrubs???

I am using suspension soap that does say can use jojoba beads.

I'm so confused!! LOL

so 1oz can go a long way?

Meg

I use jojoba beads in the shower gel base that I get from Florida Soap Supplies. It's a suspending shower gel and I never had a problem with the beads sinking.

Yes a little does go a long way so 1 ounce should last you a little bit depending upon how much of each you are making up at a time. To a 4 ounce bottle I just dropped a pinch of beads and it was plenty IMO. HTH :wink2:

EDTA: Average usage is 1/2 to 1% BCN recommends 2-4 tbsps. per gallon of gel so that gives you an idea I hope.

Thanks you all. I was just wondering, since it's in 1oz when you order.

Got me to thinking, as in would it be enough. LOL

I got the 3-1 Stephenson Liquid Soap base and would like to add Jojoba beads to it. I'll order some and see how it works.

Thanks again!!

Meg

I have bought lots of jojoba beads from soaper supplies. They have the best price. I have used them in scrubs and it only takes a very small amount to give you a nice pop of color. Personally I don't care for them. I am a bath person and the jojoba beads stick all over the side of the bath.

Ann M

I have bought lots of jojoba beads from soaper supplies. They have the best price. I have used them in scrubs and it only takes a very small amount to give you a nice pop of color. Personally I don't care for them. I am a bath person and the jojoba beads stick all over the side of the bath.

Ann M

well that's a bummer that it sticks to the tub. I'll stick with adding it to scrubs (just a little to add color look to it) and body gel soap. and not bubble bath and shampoo.

thanks again.

Meg