allantoin in lip balm

blondiee

Has anyone had any luck with this? I just made a small batch of coffee butter balm and it seemed to mix in fine. Then I made a small batch of Carmex-like balm, and it just stuck to the bottom of the bowl. I knew I was going to have trouble when all I can find is how to incorporate it into the water phase or after the emulsification. Neither apply to lip balm! I just got some comfry-infused oil and I think I'll try that next time.

I got it from Camden Gray. I was thinking of making my own if I like it. I've seen Allantoin listed in the ingredients of some of the Big Boys' balms, but if I recall correctly, they also list some emulsifiers, etc. which is getting too complicated for me!

That's where I got my Allantoin from and what little info. I have about it. I've read some other sites' info. about it, too, which pretty much say the same thing.

My problem remains...how do you add it to a non-emulsified, non aqueous(sp?) recipe (i.e., lip balm)? I'm thinking maybe I tried to mix it in too hot and need to let it cool off a bit - but then there's the problem with pouring into those little lip balm tubes when it cools off too much.

I knew I was going to have trouble with this but figured there was only one way to find out. Okay two ways....just try it and ask you guys what you think :grin2: