Gee You Smell... Odd FO Hunt

I'm only making (testing) candles for myself right now, and wickless candles and tarts for my friends and family. My sister called me tonight and wanted to know if I could make her a couple of wickless candles that smelled like... get this... Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific. You know, the shampoo from the late 70's and early 80's.

Has anyone seen a FO dupe of this stuff?

Okay, I've finished laughing now.:laugh2:

I looked on Ebay and found a roll on perfume oil

expensive tho , 5.99 for 1/3 oz.

No idea if it'd throw in a candle

Oh, hold up, I just found the fragrance oil at

oregontrailsoaps.com, says it's ok to use in candle

(meaning safe, I'm thinking) about 12$ for 8 ounces,

scenterstage.com has it also.

I've never tried anything from these two

dang,

I might have to try some!

I loved that shampoo! I remember a friend of mine sat infront of me in 6th grade and every time she tossed her hair you would get a whiff of Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific. That scent sure did last!!! I purchased a dupe FO and I believe it was from the company mentioned above. It wasn't a dead on dupe. I would rate it as just ok and a little like the real thing. It may be ok for bath and body products(I used it to scent a shampoo base). I never tried it in a candle.

Side note - Several years ago when I learned that they quit selling it here in the US I did a search and found a whole group of people that were also looking for the shampoo - thought I was the only one left that loved it enough to still be searching for it after all these years. When I was searching for the shampoo it was before ebay and I thought I would never get my hands on Gee again. There was an actual letter writting campaign going on to try and get Jergins to bring it back. A couple of years ago I learned that it was being sold on ebay. Seems the shampoo is still available in one place outside the US. I located a seller that assured me what she was selling was the real thing. I bought several bottles and it is definitely the real Gee because I still had a little left from an old bottle. If your sister or anyone else is ever interested in buying any on-line beware that some sellers show a picture of the orginal bottle from the 70's but the shampoo is different. I was told that there is a newer version of Gee and it doesn't smell the same. Also beware of shipping charges. Some sellers were charging anywhere from $10.00 -20.00 shipping per bottle in addition to the cost of the shampoo. When it was first being offered on ebay I remember a bid going as high as $70.00! I am crazy for this shampoo but no bottle of shampoo is worth 70 bucks. Unless I could shampoo my entire body with it and it would make me look like Eva Longoria!

Let us know what your sister thinks of the candles!