Hummingbird

Louise

I love this fragrance! I wanted a little bit more blue in the base than I got, but am happy there is any there at all. Once I hit trace, I wasn't moving fast enough. Oh, and I almost forgot to add the fo (again), but remembered at the last minute. I've got to get myself in the habit of additing it after I get my lye into the oils. I'm not used to doing that, as I mostly HP, and you don't add the fo til the very end, lol.

[ATTACH]14730[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]14731[/ATTACH]

post-9049-139458442536_thumb.jpg

post-9049-139458442537_thumb.jpg

Pretttttty. Those are some nice looking soaps! I like the color...it's almost marbly. I have to go look up hummingbird now. I have an affinity for them, but haven't ever smelled a scent called hummingbird.

I always add my FO, unless it's an accelerator or discolors, to my oils before I add my lye. Weigh it right on the scale. I'm lazy that way.

Donna

FO is from Nature's Garden:

AN NG original fragrance! A hummingbird may be the smalled bird, but it seems to get the most attention! We have created this fragrance based on that fact. This fragrance begins with top notes of tart kiwi, middle notes of lilac and tiger lily, with fresh based notes of pineapples and pears.

It's not a strong, strong scent and it even faded some, but I know it's going to bloom as the cure time goes on, just have to wait for it.

Thanks everyone. I'm basically pleased with how they came out, besides the fact I that I should have poured before I did. But I knew I would bring it to too much trace, due to the previous problems I was experiencing. But hey, I've got textured tops. So now I just need to find that happy medium, lol.

Donna, I love hummingbirds also, so definately had to check this out, I'm glad I did.

Now, if I can just remember to add the fo's to my oils, I'll be all set!

Not sure if I'll get another batch or two made up today. I've been getting sick the last couple of days and I think I have a slight fever today :sad2: