Pouring wax into candy molds...

Bought some of the Wilton candy molds to make some mini melts.....by the time I actually started pouring the wax from my pour pot, the little cavity was already full....I just couldn't pour slow enough...needless to say, I made a mess!

I think I must be missing something.....is there perhaps a mini pouring pot designed to pour mini tarts with? :)

Seriously, how do you guys do this? *checks for blonde roots*

I have a multi cavity heart silicone mold and ran into the same problem. I finally used a small tomatoe sauce (or paste?) can that I squeezed a spout into. Small can...small amount of wax...worked great. (Even for a Blonde like me!) :laugh2:

HTH

I use a Dixie cup to pour into embed molds and lip balm tubes. Just pinch one side to make a spout.

I also used to use the little stainless steel syrup pitchers; they had them at WalMart for about $2.50. Then they stopped selling them and the ones I found at kitchen supply stores didn't have as defined of a spout, so they made a mess. That's when I started using the paper cups instead; just pour and toss.

I use a Dixie cup to pour into embed molds and lip balm tubes. Just pinch one side to make a spout.

I also used to use the little stainless steel syrup pitchers; they had them at WalMart for about $2.50. Then they stopped selling them and the ones I found at kitchen supply stores didn't have as defined of a spout, so they made a mess. That's when I started using the paper cups instead; just pour and toss.

Thats funny.....those little pitchers are awesome....all I use practically. Wish they would bring them back....thankfully they are sooooo easy to clean and I have about 20. If you ever find them somewhere, please let me know and I'll do the same for you!!

I realize I said syrup pitchers, but I guess restaurants actually use them for cream; they'd be too small for much syrup:rolleyes2 Yes, they were very handy, especially for lip balm. It cools so quickly and gets too thick to pour easily. When that happened, I would set the little pitcher into a saucepan of water that I kept simmering on the stove and it would melt it back down in just a few seconds; they were much better than the paper cups in that respect.