My website!! I need feedback.

krystalkay

Hello all. I am a beginner and I need help.

First, can you look at my site and give me some ideas and thoughts. I am just starting on it. As for the gift baskets pictures that is all I have for now but I am in the process of getting some new pics.

Aslo, I was in business with my sister n law and that is where we got our name. I am wanting to change my name now because we our no longer in business together. Can anyone help me with some names?

Thanks in advance!! You people are all so good on this site!! :grin2:

I'm at work and have dial up here, your site loads excruciatingly slow. Looks pretty easy to navigate, noticed a spelling error on the first page, there is an OUR that should be ARE. I couldn't look at the rest of it because it was taking too long for stuff to load. Maybe this evening from home. Your colors are nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the look and the name, very cute. But, I'm on dial-up and your site is just way too slow - if I wasn't specifically looking at it because you asked, I wouldn't have stayed around for it to load ... it's actually still not loaded since I started typing this. Also, this is just personal preference, but if I have to click on something after I type in your web address, I won't bother entering. I really like your opening page, it's cute, but again, if I wasn't looking specifically at your site, I wouldn't have bothered clicking.

Ok, it's finally loaded ... clicked on your gift basket link, and again taking waaaaay too long. For pics that small, they should pop up almost immediately. Maybe the experts can give you some suggestions on how to make things faster.

I really do like the graphics and such that you picked, it's just too bogged down for my slow dial-up.

Kate

Please dont take this the wrong way, but i was just wondering, can you resell the vaseline beads and the bubble bath, the skintimate gel, the jergens. I dont know these things, so I cant say it cant be done, I just wasnt sure so thats why im asking! :smiley2: I didnt think you could resell those types of products. Wouldnt you have to have a license of some sort? Again, I dont know, i just wondered.

Thanks for your comments. As far as slow, I really don't know. I am working on fixing that but there is only a few people that have said it is slow.

As for the resale on those products, I wouldn't see why- Products such as bath products are resold all the time. This basket was actually for my mom and I don't normally do ones like this but I just used it as an example.

Thanks for the comments :)

Oh and BTW- I have decided to keep the name. I have two lil' girls ages 2 and 4 so my husband told me I should use the name for them. I thought that was a good idea and would save me a lot of trouble, now for lots more work on my website...

Thank you guys so much, you are great...

I agree completely about it being slow to load. I'm stuck with dial-up here. I went and poured some votives while it loaded. And that was only because it was posted here. I wont wait that long for any site unless there's a special circumstance. As for shopping, theres almost always another site with products/prices just as good that you don't have to wait on. But it is all very cute :)

I agree that it's slow loading, and I have a DSL connection. :eek:

May want to check with your server about that. ;)

Also, I think the pics. (especially the baskets) are waaay too small even after you click on them. I also agree, a description of what comes in each basket is needed, I wanna know what I'm getting.

I also don't care for having to click on the first page to even get into your site, although I love your graphics and such, it's just one added unecessary click. ;)

I didn't have to do an extra click to get to your website. I also have DSL and it loaded really fast for me. Not sure what that was about. I like the layout. I do however agree that the baskets should have more details and the spelling needs editing. I'm new to candle-making and pretty far from having a website...so good luck! It must be very exciting! Hope to have a site myself someday...if I don't burn the house down first! Just Kidding!:grin2:

:yay: