Open House - Wrap up

MochaMama

Well, I did my open house yesterday and made almost 400 bucks in three hours. I was truly thrilled!!!

I don't have pics....don't even ask why - I was such a bundle of nerves that I couldn't even write receipts and forgot to get names and address. (But these are mostly folks that I know, so it's not a BIG deal, but I wish I had been more efficient.)

Anyhoo, I took the advice of many on the board, served light stuff like fruit, veggies, antipasto, crackers and juices. Hubby was VERY helpful in helping me narrow down the munchies.

Some people stayed the whole time talking, munching and going back and buying other stuff after their first order was all ready complete!!

I grouped everything by scent, and offered bath teas, megamix whip, soap, body oil mist, and lotion bars.

The lotion bars didn't go over too well - I don't think people knew how they worked.

My best seller was white tea and ginger (BBW dupe). My best selling men's was Unforgivable (Sean Combs, puff daddy, p diddy, whatever his name is now. LOL)

Um, that's all I can think of for now....I just wanted to say thanks to the board for the wealth of info offered that helped me to do this.

I am looking forward to mother's day.

Great job... I've been in such a jumble still recovering from Christmas that I missed Valentine's altogether... ugh. Although I made a HUGE deal of it last year and sold next to nothing, so I guess I'm a little hesitant as well. But I'm almost all candles. I think B&B really shines for Valentines...

-Kristi

That's fabulous - congrats! :yay: Maybe I'll get up the nerve to try one someday.

It wasn't as bad as I though it would be. Mostly my friends and acquaintances and folks were really nice. I didn't give a presentation or anything, just talked to people individualll when they had questions.

I thank all of you here who contribute to the discussions - I got a LOT of pointer of what to do, what to serve etc. right from here. This is truly a wealth of information!!