New Flexible votive mold at BC

I received my mold today.:yay:

I made 2 votives with it. The wicks are really easy to put in the slots. The votives came out really easy. I even forgot to put something to hold the wicks straight...they stayed where I put them...centered.

I'm really happy that I bought it. It was an impulse buy...but a good one.

But will it work for those of us that do not use the 15 mm tab? I already have thousands of wicks made up with the self center tabs.

Hey Vicky, Doneen and I discussed this very thing, how ironic. LOL I use the 32mm tabbed votive wicks myself and buy them 10k at a time so I have a lot left. I wanted to give those molds a whirl and we figured since the part that holds the tab is raised I could turn the mold inside out and take a razor blade and shave off that portion of the mold. I've tested those with paraffin, palm, soy and beeswax and LOVED them! Tested them out now about two years ago when they were in the "still being created stage". A few positive changes were made to them in the course and I can't wait to get mine now! Yeeeeehaw! No more stuck soy votives in molds. lol

this sound really interesting, I have a dumb question... you insert the wicks, they stay centered at the bottom, but what do you use to keep them straight while the votives are cooling?:tiptoe:

thanks!

Not a dumb question...lol I am wondering too as I am still learning votives and would like to get something that wont cut me...

Not a dumb question...lol I am wondering too as I am still learning votives and would like to get something that wont cut me...

:yay:

well luckily I never get cut EHM EHM fingers crossed but I hate the molds and the pins. Pins are never straight. amybe it's the long travel to italy that make them bend lol

Anyway this sounds a great idea but what can I use to keep the wick straight.. ohhhhhh well I'm really dumb!! I make my wick "centering" and tightening tools with two chopsticks held together with rubber bands!! I could make them short and place each for every cavity...

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to ask if anyone has used this mold with either Starburst or Feathering palm wax --- is the crystallization pattern the same as when using the metal votive molds? I need some votive molds and this one could be useful for me, but I don't want to lose the pretty crystallization pattern that these waxes make. I am asking because the palm wax seems to behave differently depending on what material it is poured into.... Thanks in advance.

Look at post #17. I have a picture there. Not really good, but it does show the pattern of the palm wax.

I have found the longer you leave them in, the better it is.

Also, the wicks that are suggested for these, did not work for me. I actually tested another one with a large gel wick in it. Worked like a charm.:wink2:

Look at post #17. I have a picture there. Not really good, but it does show the pattern of the palm wax.

I have found the longer you leave them in, the better it is.

Also, the wicks that are suggested for these, did not work for me. I actually tested another one with a large gel wick in it. Worked like a charm.:wink2:

I had seen that photo, but I guess I did not look close enough to see that your votives were palm. I take it that the pattern is the same for the votives coming this mold as for the ones coming from the aluminum mold? I will give the mold a try then! It seems convenient to have all the molds together in one piece, I keep on looking for my single aluminum molds...:embarasse Thanks for replying!

I have the mold and tried out a couple of votives. First I was in a hurry.. But it's a pain to put the wicks in the tabs, maybe I will get better with time. And since my wicks are flimsy they don't stay straight and placing something on top to correct this leaves marks in the top of the votive so don't pour full. But I think the ideal is great, the stuff, like a rubber, it's made of works very good. I'm going to try those core wicks to see how they burn cause I know they will stay straight. I didn't spray anything before hand to help with release so had to push inside out to remove them. But it was soy container. Next time I'll try it the right way cause I'm sure it will work

What is the price of the mold? It's out of stock right now and no price is listed. I'm very interested in trying one of these; am totally fed up with crooked wick pins.:tongue2: When I try to straighten them, I think I've got it, then they turn out to be worse than ever somehow; it's nearly impossible to tell if they're straight or not until you've already poured the wax.