cute containers but....

new_tins.jpgmason.jpgbarrel22.jpg

I need wick help! I just bought these @ cierracandles.com, they are:

8 oz 3.3"W and

16 oz 3.9"W tins,

9 oz mason 3" W,

11 oz barrell jar 4 1/8" W (?).

I use Cal Wax CB3 Soy and haven't had much luck wicking tins ever.

Any ideas? (FYI-Cierra has free shipping on orders over $100 and up to 30 lbs, not incl. Wax).

Hey I'm here. :)

When I tested the tins I could not get a complete meltpool either with one wick. I did not complete testing them and decided not to use them at this time. I did double wick though and did have success, but I can't remember what size wick off hand. I know I used RRD's and because I did not test many oils in the tins I don't know what size would be the most used. I would say two 34's or most likely 37's depending on how much oil and what type of scent. I usually can't go any lower than 34's if I use between 8% - 9% oil. I hope this gives you a big enough ball park.

In my 3 inch jars (Candy Victorian jars -- could be equivalent to the masons for you) the 37's (two) are the most common, but I sometimes have to go as high as two 40's. EDITED TO ADD: I use 40's with most heavy bakery scents. My jars have thick glass so this can make a difference too. In my biggest squares jars the 47's are most common and also the 50's (but not as often) and sometimes two 40's -- depends on the scent and how much.

I hope this helps a bit. :)

Luckily, I have ALOT of wicks!!! I finally mastered one jar so I open up the gates to 4 others. They just look nice. thejarstore.com has nice ones too but the shipping for me is a fortune. Not a lot of jar choices in the Pacific NW.

Thanks again:grin2:

The barrel jar is cute, I'd thought about using it for wickless when my local walmart sold out of the 8oz platinum elite ball jars, until I saw it was 11oz. Cierra has the 13oz double rocks tumbler I really like and I thought about ordering it when I followed your link, but I live next to a Libbey Glass outlet and think I could probably find the same glass cheaper, not to mention the no shipping thing.

You're so lucky you live on the east side of the mississippi. Everything is 50% cheaper over there....I swear! Still cheaper for me to ship than to buy in Seattle. Holly got me hooked on the CB3 Wax so at least I have that small break.:undecided