Votives-How many hours do you get?

For a standard 2oz votive that's about dead on the expected burn time, so it sounds like you're doing just dandy :)

Ronnie, thank you! However, mine are the 3 oz dixie cup votives. So, I feel I should be able to get more burn time, any suggestions?

What wax and wick combo are you using? Maybe your wick is too large?

Ronnie, thank you for your help! I blended Golden Brands 416 & 474, no fo's, colors, dyes and CSN 7 & 9. The 7 was too small and the 9 burned about right. But I just remembered that I have a batch of straight 474 votives that I haven't tested yet! :shocked2: Maybe I will get better burn times from them. I do small batches at a time for my testing and then ususally let them cure for a week or more. Well, sometimes I just can't wait that long:cheesy2: . Thank you again!

Kathy

• 1 month later...
Ronnie, thank you for your help! I blended Golden Brands 416 & 474, no fo's, colors, dyes and CSN 7 & 9. The 7 was too small and the 9 burned about right. But I just remembered that I have a batch of straight 474 votives that I haven't tested yet! :shocked2: Maybe I will get better burn times from them. I do small batches at a time for my testing and then ususally let them cure for a week or more. Well, sometimes I just can't wait that long:cheesy2: . Thank you again!

Kathy

Did you test the 474 yet?? If so how is it going??

tootie

I do Dixie Cup votives & get a pretty steady 21hr burn from them. I've had a few fo's test out a couple hrs longer & a few test out around 18 - 19 hrs. I've gotten those results from both EZ Soy & GL 70/30 blend w/ zinc wicks.

Susan.

Did you test the 474 yet?? If so how is it going??

tootie

Tootie,

I'm glad you posted this question, and, no, I just dug them back out after seeing your post. My family has had so much going on that just this week, I finally started back w/my candles. I'm going to try to start testing them today and will post info as soon as I can.

i will be watching to see how you do with the 474 wax....if I use this wax for the 3oz dixie cup votives I will have to have it shipped from the east coast i think:sad2: . there is no distributor out west here.

tootie