Scent throw out for candles

Do some scents throw out scent lighter than others? I was wondering that because some scents are strong within the hour or so that I light my candle. others start out slow (not much) but as the burn goes on they are stronger. Besides the fact that I think I am getting a candle-nose. Should I be worried?

You can't really smell the scent in the room, until the melt pool starts to get quite big. That's the way it's been for me so far at least. Usually at 1 hour, the scent is really noticeable. You can smell it before, but I think 1 hour is when I usually notice it throughout the room.

Some scents are stronger than others. Also is the hot and cold throw. A scent that has a really strong cold AND hot throw is going to smell more than one that has a weaker cold throw but strong hot throw. Once the candle gets to the full melt pool stage is purely a matter of hot throw. Many FO's I have don't have a really strong cold throw. Personally I don't worry about it much as long as the candles smells good when you sniff it. I figure if people were wanting to just scent a room they'd get an air freshener. Candles are meant to be burned so I don't expect my candles to smell up a whole room unlit. That's just me though :)

* I just wanted to add...

I love your name. Every time I see a post I think of someone locked in a closet with a big vanilla bean and eyes rolled back in their head :laugh2:

I love your name. Every time I see a post I think of someone locked in a closet with a big vanilla bean and eyes rolled back in their head

LOL. Thank You! Basically, that is me! I am in love with Vanilla! I have Vanilla perfumes, lotions, bubble bath, fabric softners, and yes, candles! My husband and friends and family know not to get me any other scents because I won't wear them. So I am a VanillaSniffer, thus I am VanillaSniffie! LOL

The reason I ask is because I have candles that I made with J223, took everyone's advice and scented down to 6-7%. This "Secret Crush" I have is not as prominate as others but I still smell it. I also think I am getting a candle nose, like you all like to call it and I am not sure how to get my sniffer back to normal all the while still making candles. I think the temp is my house is a factor too. It's cold here is E.Washington. 3 ft of snow where I am at.

Yep! Coffee works! Sometimes just opening the front door and sticking your head out helps too.(at least for me it does)lol!:rolleyes2

I am burning Tommy Girl Type in j223 that I made last year..I am burning 3 16oz.melting pot jars...I had candle nose..I let my dog out and whiffed the fresh air and I could smell them strong after that!Now all I smell is choc. chip cookies..cuz I just made some for my hubby and daughter!HTH..a little!

Kimmeroo:laugh2:

In my opinion, yes, some scents are "lighter" in smell. No matter how much FO you put in, they just aren't as strong as others. There are actually some scents that I WISH were lighter in smell.....basically all of the floral scents....yuck! Give me fruity or spicy!!

When I feel I have candle nose, I go outside for a couple of minutes and then come back in and take a big whiff. In your case, with all the snow, you may want to bundle up first. :) But even then, I will sometimes still not be able to smell it very well.....that's when I give a candle to one of my five sisters to try it. They don't seem to mind helping me test. :)

I've also noticed that I can't smell much for about three days after making candles. If I'm gonna test one for hot throw, I wait at least that long.

On a side note, ever since I started making candles, my son doesn't mind taking out the garbage....it actually smells good from all the "scented" paper towels I toss in there. :laugh2: