Hi New Here

Deb1350

I have been soaping for about a year now. I have tried many recipes and have come up with one of my own but my DH used it tonight and said his skin was itching after his shower. Could you all tell me what you think? This is the recipe I used.

Castor 10%

Coconut 12%

Cocoa 4%

Palm 26%

PKO 17%

RBO 21%

Sunflwr 10%

Also I have another recipe that I just made. Can you tell me if this one is better for dry skin. Thanks in advance for all your help.

Castor 10%

Cocoa 5%

Palm 15%

PKO 30%

RBO 19%

Shea B 4%

Sunflw 17%

Deb

I don't know anything about CP soap (YET!! ;) ) but just wanted to welcome you to our board, and hope you'll stick around and help out some of us who are wanting to try homemade soap. ;)I'm sure you'll get lots of help yourself as well. :)Welcome and just a warning you may become addicted and/or broke from reading this board, as you will find new things to try on a daily basis. LOL

The only thing that I can say now is well maybe your husband is sensitive to one of the oils. Sometimes if you use coconut oil and palm oil and the % is too high it can feel drying, which maybe causing the itching.

Look in the reciepe section on this board and try something from there.