Candle supplier in Canada

I live in toronto, canada and i want to get wax and molds from here, but i dont know from where. i also looked in the "supplier abbreviation links" which are all in U.S. and i dont even know which one to choose that is good/cheap and has fast delivery service to canada.

i would be glad if someone could help me out.

i'm looking for a circle mold (bigger than 4" diameter) and a high melting point wax to make hurricane candles.

thank you

Hi,

Yep I am Canadian (Bowmanville) and I too shop acrossed the boarder for most of my supplies (well FO and Packaging anyways) but I try and make it there to get it as shipping and duties to us here get $$. Canwax is the place to go in Canada though great service and its always nice to pick up and avoid shipping.

Well now I feel right at home. I'm in between the two of you---Oshawa. err...3 of you that is. I used to live in Courtice. My biggest issue with ordering stuff from the states is broker fees if you happen to go through UPS. And thank you so much for providing the Canwax idea. I just looked them up and they have both of the things I have been looking for from Canadian suppliers; palm wax and 3"; wick pins. Thank you!

I live in Alberta and I use canwax too. There is also village craft candle supply which is also in Ontario.

From Canwax I get scents and my jars and some accessories.

Peaks candle supply in the US has awesome scents and very cheap candle molds, their shipping isn't too bad either.

thanks for the help. canwax seems great. even though it seems a little bit more expensive than ordering it from the states, i think its gonna turn out to be the same price after shipping and extra taxes by government of Canada!

i'll go check the store out this week and let u know how it goes.

fyi peaks won't ship to canada anymore unless u already have an account with them... i tried to order from them not too long ago

This is true, but you can always get stuff from Peak's via the co-ops as long as the host is willing to ship to Canada. Also I thought I saw a post from someone who had a previous account offering to add the there orders. You would pay extra shipping to get it from them but it may be worth it to you.

fyi peaks won't ship to canada anymore unless u already have an account with them... i tried to order from them not too long ago

How long ago was it that you tried to place a order with them. I placed my first order with them last October, and there was no problem with shipping at that time. This is also when I set up my account with them.

Pam F

damn... peak seems like a great place. i'm gonna try and see if i can get my other stuff from them

i went to canwax today. they seem to have everything. looks a bit pricier. this is what i bought

4 lbs melting pot: $19 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thermometer: $7 :(

10 lbs hurricane wax: $16

round 5" x 6.5" mold: $15

melting pot is such a waste of money when u can buy a presto kitchen kettle for $20 (but i couldnt find one here in toronto) :(

now i'm gonna start making my first candle :D

thanx all

I use a a presto pot with a spout, you get them on ebay. a guy actually gets the pots and puts the spouts on them. You have to have a temperature regulated one. The one I got I bought for about $100 including the shipping. It is well worth the money. I use the presto pot for melting the wax then I measure how much wax I am going to use with my melting pot and scent and color it, then pour. The presto pot is black so you cant see the color of your wax when you dye it. So it is best to use your melting pot for that.

Village craft and candle have Presto pots but they are extremely expensive there. Check out places like value village I've gotten 3 presto kettle type from there for about 7.00 each. The only problem now is that my temperature controls have gone on 2 of them but still have 3 pots just have to switch the cord between them.

Pam F

• 2 months later...
I drove down to Buffalo & bought my presto's, then had my dad put in the spigot for me.

Both Canwax & VCC are awesome suppliers, I'm going to the VCC retreat in May!

You are right about both being awesome suppliers I get a lot of my supplies from both places, as my sister lives in Kitchener and saves so much on shipping when I pick up suppliers when I go to visit her. I looked at VCC candle retreat but decided not to go, have you ever been there before? Maybe next year.

Pam F