Scented Dusting Powder for Dogs?

usairforce

I am wondering if anyone makes or has made a scented podwer that can be used on dogs to make them smell good? I bring my babies to the groomer, but I have one dog that baths just do not good, so I was thinking about a scented powder that I could dust on her to make her smell a little nicer. I was thinking along the lines of maybe rice flour and an essential oil? Does anyone have any ideas? I tried to do a search, but for some reason the search wasn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hugs, Branda

• 2 weeks later...

As a Veterinary Nurse and Technician, I must tell you that usually there is a medical reason that an otherwise "clean" dog will have a doggy odor that owners find offensive.

I'd be very cautious of adding any sort of odor masking substance/powder to the haircoat.

FWIW,

Dana

As a Veterinary Nurse and Technician, I must tell you that usually there is a medical reason that an otherwise "clean" dog will have a doggy odor that owners find offensive.

I'd be very cautious of adding any sort of odor masking substance/powder to the haircoat.

FWIW,

Dana

My vet can't find any reason why she has a stronger odor than my male dog that is from the same litter. He says that some dogs just have a stronger "dog" odor than others. Believe me I asked him on her last visit. Thanks for all your help. I use frontline for fleas, but my husband also purchases Adams flea spray and he smells great!! It contains a fragrance, but is not harmful to pets, so why not make a perfume spray for dogs? Branda

I don't know about dogs, but when we brought our kitty home, she had bad ear mites and fleas. I massaged the inside of her ears with EO of Lavender and made a spray with distilled water and EO of Lavender and sprayed it on her fur. She smelled wonderful, and it also helped with the fleas. And it never seemed to hurt or bother her when she'd lick her fur.

Maybe ask your vet about using EO's to make a spray...

• 2 weeks later...
My vet can't find any reason why she has a stronger odor than my male dog that is from the same litter. He says that some dogs just have a stronger "dog" odor than others. Believe me I asked him on her last visit. Thanks for all your help. I use frontline for fleas, but my husband also purchases Adams flea spray and he smells great!! It contains a fragrance, but is not harmful to pets, so why not make a perfume spray for dogs? Branda

Adams products smell good, true enough, the pet grooming places are full of "doggie perfumes" you can buy, if that's what you're after. :) As long as it's safe and that's what you're after, why not.

Good Luck!

Dana

I don't know about dogs, but when we brought our kitty home, she had bad ear mites and fleas. I massaged the inside of her ears with EO of Lavender and made a spray with distilled water and EO of Lavender and sprayed it on her fur. She smelled wonderful, and it also helped with the fleas. And it never seemed to hurt or bother her when she'd lick her fur.

Maybe ask your vet about using EO's to make a spray...

Please be very careful and do lots of research before you use any EOs on pets- especially cats. EOs can be extremely toxic to cats- including lavender. You're very lucky that you didn't end up in the vet ER with your kitty!

Looks like they are redoing their site, but here's a place to start reading:

http://www.thelavendercat.com/3201/index.html

Please be very careful and do lots of research before you use any EOs on pets- especially cats. EOs can be extremely toxic to cats- including lavender. You're very lucky that you didn't end up in the vet ER with your kitty!

Looks like they are redoing their site, but here's a place to start reading:

http://www.thelavendercat.com/3201/index.html

I have done my research, EO are too concentrated in their natural form for cats, dogs, or any other kind of animal. If diluted properly, IMO, it's considered safe. One or two drops of Lavender diluted in a gallon jug of distilled water is what I would use for my kitty. But that's why I told her to contact her vet on it first. I was just stating my experience. Oh, and I've used hydrosols on her too... ;)

Thanks for the concern!