Wick for 5 oz apothecary jar?

Hi Guys,

I was given a dozen 5 oz apothecary jars and would like to make some candles with them... just don't know what size wicks to use. I was thinking HTP 105 might work, but maybe too big? I have a ton of CD wicks, though... I'm going to be using C3 for some and glass glow for others. Any suggestions on where to start with wicking these jars?

Thanks!

Violet

Well, tried the 105, no color, C3, with willow whispers FO from FOH, and so far, so good. Good melt pool, nice even flame, not too high, no mushrooming, jar's nice and clean. Yay. Haven't burned it all the way to the bottom yet, but halfway...

Wouldn't it be cool if this worked every time one tried to wick a container or pillar? LOL.

I'll post once the jar is empty.

Went with the HTP 105 for my 5 oz apothecary- works pretty good for glass glow palm, but it seems a bit much for C3 Soy. I'm thinking wicking down would be good, but not worth it for me- I was given these, and 5 ozers, in my opinion, have not been good sellers... people tend towards the larger sizes. I may just advertise the rest in the classies, or sell them in palm. Than again, my ecosoya PB might call for a CD8, what another poster said may work in this jar. Riding the fence here. I suppose it doesn't matter much, since I didn't pay for the jars. :)

For those of you who want results- the jar gets too hot, too much of a melt point, too quickly. It's on it's 4th burn and tonight, the mp had to be 2". Not good IMO. Some soot on the top, as well.