Soy wax for votives - suggestions anyone?

So far I've tried GW474 and the GW416 and I don't like either of them. Getting them out of the metal votive molds is fine but getting the wick pin out damages them to an extent that makes them unsellable .. is that a word, unsellable? :)

Anyway, I'm looking for some suggestions on a soy solution for votives that doesn't produce a terribly brittle result. Any pointers appreciated :)

I know your probably looking for a soy blend, but I use the pillar blend from MC. Their's is a palm vegetable based, but it is so creamy. It releases beautifully and holds the scent awesome. It holds the colors great without any frosting what so ever.

try Candlewic's pillar blend in their veggie section, originally called CP-1. For removal of wick pins from votives, try warming the bottom of the pin with another lit votive....it helps release the base from the bottom of the votive so you can easily push the pin through. After pouring over 7,000 votives last year, we found this to be the best "non-damaging" way. IMHO

I use the ecosoya PB wax. I was having problems with some of my votives not coming off the wick pins, we discovered it was not the wax but the pins themselves. We are now usung wick pins from Candle Science and the votives just slip off the pins with no damage to the candle.

I've had that problem myself lately. So you think it's really the wick pins? That sucks for me since I have 20 of them... sigh.

I use the ecosoya PB wax. I was having problems with some of my votives not coming off the wick pins, we discovered it was not the wax but the pins themselves. We are now usung wick pins from Candle Science and the votives just slip off the pins with no damage to the candle.

What could be different with pins? Is it a different metal?

It could be the wick pins. I'd definitely check to see if they are the culprit before concluding that it's the wax.

I had bought some pins that had burrs on the pin part, couldn't see them but if I ran my finger across the pin I could feel them. Got some new pins from CS and never had a problem getting them out of my votives after that.

Ronnie, I agree.. very nice candle look and website!!! I like the way you are offering your candles in a case for a discount... do they sell that way? (don't feel you share if you don't want to... I'm just in the process of creating a website myself and I like this idea! - guess it wouldn't hurt to include it anyway and see if there are any 'takers!)

The case quantities was added for wholesale accounts actually. I'm in the process of creating a whole new and separate shopping cart for wholesalers, so those case quantities will go away from the retail shopping cart soon.

The only case quantities I sold to retail customers was for the little 3oz tureens, mostly to baby showers and wedding parties.

Cost of a website? how much do you pay for webhosting? Heavens, if it takes a case of 16oz to pay for it, you might consider a different host ;)

I use www.webhostingbuzz.com and pay$84 for 2 Years at a time and get a massive amount of storage space, bandwidth, etc. I've never found a better deal for webhosting for what they give me.

please don't tell me that... I've looked at a few different options and thought I was getting a deal at $17/month...zutalors!!:angry2:

Yea, $17/month (US or Canadian) is a bit much. Sorry about that. :(

Um ... what exactly is "zutalors!!"? Is that some sort of Canadian curse word that I'm unfamiliar with? :)

ummm... you'd have to ask a french-speaker...lol!! I know it is something along the lines of rats, darn it, dawg-nab-it... I just like the sound of it... 'zoot-a-loor (like door) z' (but again, perhaps that's my interpretation... I only took french in grade/high school - am by no means fluent!!

I tried the 416 mixed w/474 last night for votives as I do not like 416's cold pour at all! And I did it again! I only used 3/4 tsp of CSN's Love Spell and you would not believe the CT I've got this morning! It fills my kitchen and living room. Plus, they look great w/silky smooth tops, can't wait to burn these!!!

Maybe I've finally found a way to use this 416 after all. If I can continue to get a great throw like this (we'll see how the HT turns out), I could save a boatload on FO's:cheesy2: . The last batch I did w/474, I used 3/4 tsp of CSN's Moon Lake Musk and achieved great CT & HT!