Madison Jars

kdmorgan

Does anyone know of a cheaper supplier for madison jars? Fillmore costs me over $2 per jar after shipping. It's probably the best I will be able to do until I can buy direct but I thought I would ask anyway :o

TIA,

Kim

Hi Kim,

I just looked into these jars and if I decide to go with them, I will have to buy from Fillmore until I get this new line rolling then I will buy directly from Hocking. I spoke with both. You have a minimum of 25 cases through Hocking and I believe a min. of one case (500 lids). I don't want to fork out that cash right now until sales start to roll with the new spa line. I have a signature line that I have to buy larger amounts from the Manufacturer so can't afford more at those amounts at this time until I get some extra cash coming in from upcoming events and to make sure I like the new line before I order large amounts.

As far as I know, Fillmore is the best bet until you can order from Hocking. Yes Supply has them too, I believe, but am pretty sure they cost more. I sure wish there were more suppliers on the West Coast. I looked into some jars at Fairway and Reikes, but not sure if it is going to work out or not. Fairway does not carry lids for the tumblers and Reikes does not carry all of them in CA and do not carry lids for some of the tumblers they have....can't remember the delimma at the moment. I may find something, but if not, Fillmore it is. I may decide on the status jars that I could get from Fairway or Reikes (fairways would have glass and Reikes could have the silver -- if I like the silver with the lipped glass bottom....not sure).

Maybe I should go into the glass business. JK :rolleyes2 The west coast needs more suppliers of all kinds.

Holly, Thanks so much for replying. I forgot to mention the $2 is with lid. I got up the courage and called Anchor today. Even with a 25 case min., the cost is still 11.28 a case.

I guess Fillmore is the best I can do until i can fill a warehouse full of them :tongue2: .

Thanks again,

Kim

If you are talking about a regular mason jar, try Walmart or Big Lots. Filmore is fine but shipping in bulk is outragous even in the same state. Last year, between Walmart and Big Lots, I bought over 100 cases in a month. But generally you have to wait until spring before they get their shipment in. Still, it doesn't hurt to check now in both stores.

Fire

Just a little FYI:

If you order those jars with the lid, once you get them, try the lids on the jars to be sure they fit snug and evenly. I purchased quite a few from Yes Supply and over half the lids didn't seat properly. However, they did send replacements.

Seems on the plastic insert in the lid there was a little lip that didn't get sniped off or something which prevented the lid from seating all the way down. Believe me, if they don't seat all the way down it just doesn't look good!

Carrie

I too have a hard time finding good prices for jars with shipping, so I started checking grocery stores and found some great Kerr jars for 9.00 which makes it .80 for the whole jar and lid together. No shipping cuz you pick them up. They are in pint and quart sizes which is 16oz and 26 oz.

Hope this helps

Kathy:)