Flickers FO Reviews

evesorto

I just got done checking out my Flickers Fragrances Samples in Wax

I used igi 4627, fo @ 10%, 2 oz jar with an eco 2 wick.

The candles were small, so I tested in rooms that averaged 10'x12'. I am scoring throw on a scale of 1-10.

I lit the candles and checked back after 15 min. If the room was infused, I would rate the candle a 10. If the room had a light scent, I checked back 15 minutes later, and so on and graded accordingly.

OMG.......What Wonderful Oils!!! And Free Samples:smiley2:

Tuscan Lace- This is a gorgeous seductive scent. It is a twin to FOH Willow Whispers (Indonesian Teak). It threw a 10!

Cranberry Fig- This oil is a favorite of many.....and now it is one of my favorites as well. There is something very beautiful and feminine about this scent. It threw amazing....a 10!

Maple Brown Sugar.....Sweet! Although, not my type of scent, my daughter's friend (who loves bakery scents) was wild about it. Throw was super strong...a 10.

Almond Cookie.....That's exactly what it is and super strong. Throw was a 10,

Persian Pear- I don't have description in front of me...but what I thought I smelled was creamy pear and maybe, banana? I loved this scent and it threw extremely well.........a 10!

Brown Sugar and Fig- a beautiful scent...sugar and fig balance each other...feminine (imo)....throw again was amazing......I gave it a 10.

Summer Garden----Wow...Wow....Wow.....room was infused with scent in five minutes....I went to check because smell was coming out from underneath the door! this is a super thrower....I gave it an 10 +++

Green Irish Tweed....Whoa....another super thrower 10 +++.....filled the room in five minutes. I love this clean masculine scent. I find that these clean masculine types sometimes don't have throwing power....this is the exception to the rule. Wow

Vanilla Sandalwood- The throw was good.....I gave it an 8. For me, I picked up more van than sandalwood? I think I prefer it the other way around. I've tried Van Sandalwood from various suppliers and they all seem to throw about the same. Maybe it needs to sit/cure for awhile?

Flowerbomb- I also gave this oil an 8 for throw. It threw well, just that the scent was more subtle than I was expecting. cold throw was very strong. I did like this scent alot; it isn't very floral imo. Maybe I will let it sit/cure for a few days and try again.

Patchouli Honey- This scent was beautiful....I picked up the honey more than the patchouli. Throw was a 10.

Balsam Citrus- I really liked this scent....as I am a big fan of citrus. I love the combo with the pine. Throw was awesome...I rated it a 10.

Thanks so much for the reviews. I have been thinking about adding Flickers as a supplier for the Brown Sugar and Fig. I received it in a swap and it is awesome!!!

Do you have any favorites from there you would recommend or is this your first order? I would hate to just buy ONE oil lol.

TIA,

Kim

Eve, you are a fragrance testing MACHINE!! You are just mowing through those samples. I need you to come over to my house and start working on my sampler stash!

The Patchouli Honey is a MUST! I never thought I would like it just from the description, because I despise patch, and don't really like the scent of honey. But together in this fragrance, they are magical. Really nice scent, one of my all time favorites.

Also, I recently poured a ginger lime candle, and this is a great scent too. Their Japanese tea and freesia is the closest match to Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea that I have found. Let's see, I am trying to remember, I have a ton of FO from Flickers. Oh, the Bartlett and Basil is really nice, as is the brown sugar and fig, cranberry fig, and sea island grapefruit. I am sure there are more that I like, but I am at work and don't have my notes with me.

Flicker's Secret Garden is awesome too. Very fresh, sweet floral.

Also her Cranberry Ginger Spice Tea. It has such a strong cold thow that I could smell it through out the living room before it was even lit and the hot throw is equally as strong. Could cut back on FO on this one. I use 8% in GW464 to start testing.

And Olive Blossom. Love it! It has a note to it that reminds me of Orchid but everyone who smells it falls in love. I cut back to 7% on this one.

Cranberry Fig & Citrus Blossom are winners too. I cut back to 7% on both of these.

I just ordered a new sample pack of 8 scents. I almost hope they aren't strong or she is going to bleed my bank account dry!

I like the testing part. And the whole time that I am doing it, my family laughs hysterical, that I'm at it again. And when I'm done, the .9 oz that I have left over gets made into a dozen tarts....that's a sight too....I think when I'm done with the current bunch that I just tested, I am going to have about 80 dozen tarts....almost 1,000 tarts!

It makes me happy!

Eve

I know it's a fall scent, but Grannies Pumpkin Cookies is great!!! Throws great in GB415. Moonlight path is good too! and Baby Lotion smells just like Baby Magic. Banana Nut Cake is good and I absolutly LOVE the FALL HARVEST!!

Tuscan Lace is GREAT TOO! The only one I didn't care for is the Sweet Pipe Tobacco........but it didn't smell bad, just not my type!

HTH

I use the sweet pipe tobacco during Christmas and call it Santas Pipe. I put a little cherry in it and it smells awesome!

Sharon in PA-- I have the Iced Cherry Chip Cake. I love this fragrance but I have only used it in M&P so far.

My favs from Flickers are Olive Blossom, Patch Honey, Tuscan Lace, Bay Rum, Christmas Pines (use this all year round cause its a big seller for me). I use a lot of her oils.