? about Wedding Cake Favors

mindy5140

Didn't know exactly where to post this, so if it's in the wrong place please move it. Thanks.

I have a request for 275 wedding cake favors, the MIL loves my tarts so she suggested that the bride contact me.

I found a few molds that I liked, I was wondering how I could incorperate her color yes 1 color into the cake candle. Her color is Mocha. The cake I like has roses on top of it, but I don't want to put brown roses on top of the cake it will look like crap, lol.

Then I got to thinking should I make this cake a tart, or test a wick in it, or should I make it soap??

The bride doesn't seem to interested in the favors, just wants something affordable, cheap, and pretty.

What would you do? Each 3 Tier cake would be 2oz. Scented Wedding Cake of course.

Mindy

I'd try and get an idea of what her cake is going to look like. This is for the actual wedding right? Favors people will leave with from the tables or something? If you could see the cake, you could try and dupe it a little.

I would do the cake white and suggest they package it in tulle and tie it with a mocha colored ribbon.

I thought that to packaging wise, thanks.

Thanks Voi, I think I will call her to see what her cakes going to look like.

But do you guys think tart or maybe soap?

Mindy:smiley2:

how are you going to pour 275 wedding cake favours when the most cavities I've ever seen for wedding cake molds are 2 cavity.

You're going to have to pour 2 at a time, wait ages for them to set up and then pour again unless you go out and buy tons of molds.

Hope you got a spare few weeks.

yeah I would do the same. I am actually getting married on May 10 and I am making all of my own favors. I am just doing plain old white votives, some scented Cotton Blossom and some scented Lick me all over, wrapping them in white tull and tieing them with satin black ribbon and printing my own tags. The girls dresses are black and white. so those are my 'colors' I guess. I could have went brighter to match the flowers (hot pink, fire engine red and bright orange gerbera daises with those bright green button mums) but that's too much work hahaha!