AH Fragrance Oil Reviews

evesorto

I just got done checking out my AH Samples in Wax

I used igi 4627, fo @ 10%, 2 oz jar with an eco 2 wick.

The candles were small, so I tested in rooms that averaged 10'x12'. I am scoring throw on a scale of 1-10.

I lit the candles and checked back after 15 min. If the room was infused, I would rate the candle a 10. If the room had a light scent, I checked back 15 minutes later, and so on and graded accordingly.

Cinnamon Styx- This is very nice and strong (10!). I reminds me of those cinnamon wreaths that are out around the holiday.

Strawberry Preserves- I really like this. More sweet than tart. It throws very well. I gave it a 9. I prefer the Straw Rhubarb Pie from AH.

Sweet Amber Musk. Wow! This throws great (10!) and I think this may have been my favorite scent in the bunch. Different than anything I've ever smelled before. It's romantic with the slightest hint of floral. Wow.

Cucumber Mint. This threw very well (10). Just not enough mint for me. I prefer WSP Cuc Mint, which is heavy on the mint. Maybe mixing the two would be awesome?

Lavender Apples and Oak- Just like everybody says, this scent is awesome. a bit masculine. Better in wax than oob....It threw great....a 10!

Original (Claire Burke). This throws phenomenal (10!) I just didn't love it....there's something in it that's in calamine lotion (which I dont like).

Nag Champa. This threw great...I gave it a 10. It's different than other Nag Champs I've tried...It has the slightes hint of floral....which I like, but it's not a true Nag Champ. I may prefer it to real Nag Champ.

White Ginger and Amber. Sorry........I don't love it. I gave it a 5 bec, it didn't throw for me...I tried eco, lsz and rrd. I'm going to let it sit/cure and try again.....but I didn't love it oob either.

Orange Cr Danish. This oil threw great, but it's not too bakery to me. Get's a 10 for throw. Kinda like orange juice.

Christmas Cheer. I like this scent....but it's light on the pine. It threw very well....I gave it a 10!

Country Christmas....This is a winner. Throws phenomenal....a big 10!!

This is a complex smell for holiday....reminds me of something I used from slatkin a couple years back....it's mistletoe with some other things going on.

Mango. It can throw....gave it a 9.....but it reminds me more of melon than mango.....the only mango for me is Mango Sorbet from WSP

Badedas. I really liked this scent. Clean and unisex (think Calvin Klein types). Throw is awesome....10!

Pear Pleasure......it's ok. It threw an 8 (to me)

Red Currant....It is very nice .....reminds me of Votivo......but not nearly as strong. I gave it an 8. I prefer the one from Tony's

Tuscan Cypress....It can throw (9)....but definitely not my favorite....it's got that thing that smells like calomine lotion, too (camphor?)

Bartlett and Basil- I really liked the complexit of this scent but throw was just ok....I gave it an 8. so far I've yet to find a Pear scent as good as FOH's Jap Pear and Ginseng.

Pink Sugar (SNC)- Wow...Wow....Wow. This is awesome....I think it's twin to ICS. I gave it a 10 for throw, 10 for quality...10!!! Strong and Phenomenal!

These are some phenomenal oils....for quality and price (around $18/lb). Others not reviewed but that I've used which are definete winners are Almost Paradise (Cocomilk and Peach), Interlude (T M Angel Type), Hot Apple Pie (CM), Little Black Dress, Satsuma and Strawberry Rhubarb....oh yeah and Celtic Moonspice.....and the Issey Miyake Type. If I thought about it, I could probably list more....Good Stuff!

I think AH may be my favorite supplier for quality and number of possible oils to pick from....and my order usually arrives in 2 days.

Eve

I forgot about the shipping special, but I loaded up on their oils not long ago.

I've been test burning NorthCountry Blueberry and Dreamcatcher in pillars this past couple of weeks. Both of these have given me wonderful scent throw.

I use a lot of their oils and am happy with most of them in both candles and b&b.

Sweet Amber Musk. Wow! This throws great (10!) and I think this may have been my favorite scent in the bunch. Different than anything I've ever smelled before. It's romantic with the slightest hint of floral. Wow.

Eve

It's really nice in lotion too:grin2:

Very good reviews. I have been wanting to try the interlude for awhile now, good to know that it is a good one. The Sweet Amber Musk looks like one I should try and the two Christsmas scents sound great. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Scented-

I didn't realize that there was an actual CK Type....What I meant was (to me) Badedas was a Calvin Klein "type" of smell....clean, unisex....in the family of etrernity, ck one and the sort....those types of smells.

What's it like to you?

Granted, I've only smelled it this one type....opinion could change after I've used it a few times, I guess.

I made a dozen tarts from each of the 40 1 oz samplers I tested this weekend....so now I will get a real feel for these scents. It is at this point when I can get a whole different feel for the scent. Also, people who come to visit will give me their take on the scent (and try to take my scents-lol).

Forty dozen tarts....it'll be awhile before I use them all or give them away.

Eve

I would say that is a lot of tarts Eve. Of course I have a lot also. But you know people when they order, they only order 2 of this and 2 of that and so on to try out. Then you have to make at least 1/2 lb, or I do, just to get those 2 and it might be some that nobody else wants. Oh well - thats the way it goes:grin2:

[Pink Sugar (SNC)- Wow...Wow....Wow. This is awesome....I think it's twin to ICS. I gave it a 10 for throw, 10 for quality...10!!! Strong and Phenomenal!]Quote from evesorto~

I just "Love" thier Pink Sugar as well I think it has the best throw of any Pink Sugar that I have put in wax!!~ A BIG 10 from me as well!!!

Sue Ann