Can someone who can check me pm me please?

Well I guess I'm gonna give it a go without a check then. I have 6.26 pounds of c-3 measured, or 100.1 oz's. I have a standard presto and it's my first time using the presto. Doesn't seem the wax will fit. The plastic bag I weighed it in, if i fit it in the pot, it's sticking out. I thought the presto was supposed to be able to hold 8 pounds of wax? Is it just because of the air in the flakes before melting?

If anyone reads this soon, still pm please. Need a check to ease my mind. LOL

Have a check. Thank you! :)

Thank you! Just have to have it checked, just in case. This is only my second time so far that I'm going to melt. First time I didn't get it. Now I do and the presto and the bag over top, just made me second guess my calc's so had to ask. Thank you. :)

I'm not absolutely positive but I"d say it's the flake form. Fill it part way, melt, then add more.

Yup c-3 flakes. Will do Carebear thank you. My head omg. I get it now though. Just made me question myself. Boy did I do it wrong the first time though! Funny how much you figure out, after you do it the first time. ;)

Well I did a few things to help me along. Measured all out. Added some then realized I didn't put my wicks in before warming. Oops. Stopped wax to sit. Didn't get it all in yet anyway. Now I'm roughly gauging my wicking, according to a theory I have. LOL If I know cinnamon is heavy and had to wick up just a nudge to get it 1/4 mp, then if it's heavy, it has to have something to do with it needed wick up. So, before I touched anymore of my fo's, I weighed them. Weighed the bottles, tore and got rough judgement by fo's that didn't fill bottle from one supplier, and from bert's, got weight judgement based on fluid oz's. So I marked my fo's now and am going to use my cinnamon as a guide somewhat. This go of my 11, which was actually 10 fo's oops, had a double in there. So, will use tabbed wicks this time, and judge by what I know so far (I know don't laugh it's a theory and can't hurt to try it), with the wicking if my theory is somewhat on track. Back to my wax now, to melt her down and will wick my jars and warm. Will also be doing a few color experiments too. What the heck.

Since my first candle in early Dec, I've been doing so much reading here. Am going to try a swirl. Would love to try letting slush and try the two colored pour, but I don't have enough clear glass to use. Must by more pyrex measuring cups asap! ;)

Will post back how it all went and thanks again everyone for helping me!!! :)

You really did not do anything wrong by waiting to put your wicks in. Some wick before heating the jars and some after. As long as you don't place your warm jar on a cold surface while you wick it, everything should work out fine. I like to wick after warming because the wicks keep rigid and since there is that cool down time with soy, I usually start to wick about 15 degrees before I want to pour...depending, of course on how many containers of the same fo I'm making.

OMG I'm goin to town! I've done the ones I think need the bigger wick. 5 of them and one's a dupe lemon biscotti but I left one undyed just to see how it will set.

My kitchen smells so freaking yummy!!! I had a wick mishap. Had my jars warming with the wicks in, the last one, when I twisted, decided to let go after the wax was poured. Dumped it into another container and redid it. Luckily it was a cider pour then the next was cinnamon. I don't think it will be noticable. If I get a bad burn on my cinnamon, I know it's because it was primed with the cider. LOL

I decided to use my cappucinno frothing pitcher for these small pours and OMG perfect size. Mine is like a 2 cup one. I really need to get at least as many shot glasses and pyrex cups as I have fo's though. Also, I just found a new use for old socks! LOL Before wiping anything with a paper towel, wiping with old socks that would have been tossed out.

Taking a break before I do my other wick and scent jars. I love the presto pot and ladle too!!! So easy to use this way. Adding the fo and dye to the pour pot. My hook on side probe thermometer is a dream too. So easy to set wax and monitor it this way.

The other thing I need badly is some spout tops for my 1 pound size fo's. Dribbles are annoying and I feel like it's gold when I waste them, with the prices. Need to buy 10 spout tops, 10 pyrex cups, 7 more wooden spoons and at least 18 more wick bars. I also need to buy a tall something, that sits inside my scale top area, so I don't have to worry about off balance weighing. OMG my head! ;)

I'm loving this though. It's challenging with the kids underfoot, but they're heading my warnings about the wax being like oil. My youngest daughter even is having fun. She got to put the wax into the presto pot little by little. I think I'll be able to use this little one to help me one day! LOL

You know it's great I'm doing this and I'm having a ton of fun with it, but it's sad I never tried it sooner. Just happy I finally got motivated enough to try it.

Want to thank everyone here again for all the help and great posts you've all made available, for people like me to learn from! :)

You really did not do anything wrong by waiting to put your wicks in. Some wick before heating the jars and some after. As long as you don't place your warm jar on a cold surface while you wick it, everything should work out fine. I like to wick after warming because the wicks keep rigid and since there is that cool down time with soy, I usually start to wick about 15 degrees before I want to pour...depending, of course on how many containers of the same fo I'm making.

Oh thank you kandlekrazy! Next time will wait to wick then. I wasn't sure. :)