Lychee Fruit FO from Just Scent

racolvin

Has anyone else ever used this FO from this supplier before? I ordered some recently - my first order from JS - because I had a customer specifically request this fragrance.

When I received the bottle and started my testing, I couldn't (and still can't) get over how heavy and dark it is. I've been making candles for 7 years and I've never seen one like this before. It's almost like balsamic vinegar its so dark.

The smell of it is nice enough I suppose but working with it has been a PITA. It almost refuses to blend and bind with my soy wax (GW464).

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. If I can't get it to work I'll have to tell my customer that she's just out of luck, since I haven't been able to find this FO from anyone else.

Ronnie

P.S. - I did email Becky at JS just now, so we'll see what she says as well.

Just to let everyone know, I did hear back from Becky at JS ..

Apparently the look/feel of the FO is correct, so I didn't get a bad batch or anything. It's supposed to look like balsamic vinegar and it's very heavy.

Her advice was to pre-warm the oil before adding it to my batch, as having the oil warm to begin with helps it to be incorporated into the liquid wax.

I'm curious if the rest of you come across these oils that should be "pre-warmed" before adding. This is the first oil I've ever used that looked like this and had this requirement. Have I just been extremely lucky or does this happen more regularly than I'm aware of?

• 3 weeks later...

We've had a few oils like this, one was a strawberry. It was a pita but well worth it once we figured out what was wrong. In ours, it was just so many raw materials in it that it made the oil very heavy.

I'm curious to know, did it work out for you in the long run?

Another tip, we pour extremely cool with our heavier oils, this gives them less time to sink to the bottom. Hope that made sense lol