MP Soap always soft?

evesorto

I made mp soap once. I got the goats milk base from WSP. I noticed that the bar of soap seemed soft and was gone 1,2,3 (5 oz bar lasted about a week). Is that the nature of mp soap. Is there any type that is hard and lasts longer.

thanks for any info.

Eve

IMO, MP doesn't last long in the bath/shower. If you find your MP is too soft, try adding a bit of olive oil to your batch when you are melting it. I've noticed when I add olive oil to it, it sorta gives it a hardness. (I usually do

1 TBSP per lb)

Some people add beeswax, but to me it inhibits lather. Maybe depending on how much beeswax you add... it'll help with hardness too. You might have to play around with percentages/measurements to see what you like. :)

I add coconut oil to my GM to make it last longer. Olive oil is another way to make your soap more emolient and hard. If you are going for the olive oil don't add more than a tbs per pound. If you add too much OO you soap will become slimy.

I use 1/2 tsp CO and 1tsp olive oil to one pound M&P. That is because I also add other ingredients like shea butter so I make sure I haven't added anymore than 1-2 tbs of any combo of oils and butters. I use the lower melting point CO called 76 degree. It melts really fast.

I add my butters in with the soap chunks as I am melting them. Then when they are melted I incorporate the oils into the mix, along with whatever FOs and dyes I will be using.

I made mp soap once. I got the goats milk base from WSP. I noticed that the bar of soap seemed soft and was gone 1,2,3 (5 oz bar lasted about a week). Is that the nature of mp soap. Is there any type that is hard and lasts longer.

thanks for any info.

Eve

I have used this base and thought it was wonderful. Mine was hard and lasted three weeks in the shower for a five oz bar. I didn't add anything but F/O. My testers loved this base but they quickly heeded advice about water and M/P soap.

The other thing is keep the soap out of water at all times while not in use in the shower.

Fire