*RANT* Soap Silly Wholesale

Mostly Lurkin

I'm more than a little miffed with them right now. Placed an order on 29 December. Some really nice scents and stuff so I opted to give em a try.

Place my order - I've heard NOTHING from them. I finally emailed (figured maybe they coulda been a little bogged down post-holiday) them on the 8th of January for some sort of update. Instead of a response from someone at Soap Silly I suddenly get a FedEx tracking #. Ok, fine. No personal response, I can live with that. But - I have been checking the tracking number now 2x per day only to continue to see the package hasn't yet been received by FedEx.

Has anyone else had issue with them? I did a search and didn't really see anything one way or the other. I'm really pretty bent over this.

Deemit!! That'll learn me to NOT order until I do a thorough search here...

Thanks Mystical. Live n learn I guess.

Can anyone recommend a RELIABLE supplier I can get a true Marshmallow FO? I got the SOS Campfire Marshmallow, which is nice - but want a plain one. SS was the only place I could find it.

Shame to have such wonderful fo's & a nice website, but no business sense. I was seriously wanting to place an order, but I just don't have the energy to waste on that kind of endless frustration. If she would have just posted a short apology & saved all the excuses ...

Susan.

Hello. I am having the same kind of problems with the Wholesalers Hub. I ordered on Dec. 3. I got part of my order, and emailed them about it. She said she wopuld send it out, or refund to paypal. I told her to go ahead and send it. My mistake. The mailbox is full when I email and no one is answering either phone #. Hope I still get the rest of my order, but what to do when I can't even contact them??

Rant from Ruby:mad:

I am sorry that you are having troubles. It sucks, it truly does. Been there, done that, got the badge of honor. :angry2:

The Cupcake Queen *IS* out there. She picks and chooses who to respond to. If it was me, I'd report her for internet fraud, which is what I should have done long ago. I had to chase her across forums to get my stuff...bad business.

The Cupcake Queen *IS* out there.

eeep! Sounds kinda spooky, lol.

I did some reading after Mystical found what I was looking for. It appears to me that you're right - she picks n chooses who she responds to. I'm really disheartened by this as I was really pretty excited out the new FO's I ordered...

ACK!! Wholesalers Hub?! Whatta nightmare that place is. She/He? got me for about $100.00 when I 1st started making B&B. I was on an ordering frenzy back then and didn't realize for months that I hadn't received my order. Back n forth - it became too much. I chalked it up to my own stupidity and took the hit. But - as I see it I ensure I am VERY vocal about them when the opportunity presents itself - so I've costs them (hopefully) at least that amount of money.

I really do try to be patient and understanding. My TAT sometimes gets lengthy as well. But - come on already... the excuses I was reading were thin & flimsy.

I hope you get your supplies! However, I think you will find that you can get them elsewhere with a lot less hassle. There was a thread on the dish looking for Soap Silly replacements. Perhaps you should *bump* that thread back up to the top??? :tiptoe:

I wish she'd sell Dragon Lily colorants to someone who could take the time to sell them properly. I will never order from Johanna EVER, but I sure do like the Extreme Red dye.

I just ordered a Marshmallow from another supplier (*fingers crossed* haven't used this one before either).

I have probably about 10 posts on the Dish, lol. My flame-retardant suit is at the cleaners... I fear alot of fallout about posting there about this. What do ya think?

Dragon Lily? Never heard of em. Hmmm - hell, just what I need, another lemming, lol.

I hope you get your supplies! However, I think you will find that you can get them elsewhere with a lot less hassle. There was a thread on the dish looking for Soap Silly replacements. Perhaps you should *bump* that thread back up to the top??? :tiptoe:

I wish she'd sell Dragon Lily colorants to someone who could take the time to sell them properly. I will never order from Johanna EVER, but I sure do like the Extreme Red dye.

Are you guys contacting the State's Attorney General's office in her state and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau??? Also file a complaint with her IP host, or whatever it's called (not so comuter literate!) and Paypal if she takes it and they may just shut her ass down. At least you will cause some havoc for her and her site, no matter how long ago you ordered, and you may get your money back!! It does work......that's what I did with Almost Heaven and got all my money back and she was thrown off Paypal. :highfive:

I have probably about 10 posts on the Dish, lol. My flame-retardant suit is at the cleaners... I fear alot of fallout about posting there about this. What do ya think?

If you add your negative experience in the marketplace (you must use the FORM they provide), no one can respond except her. And, you'll probably get a few supportive pm's. I did...was surprised there was not one negative pm there.

The thread about the replacements, you could just ask about the marshmallow...I don't think a suit would be required! LOL..that was funny stuff!

And lastly, there is always the scent review board that Lily has. There are supplier reviews there...

Dragon Lily? Never heard of em. Hmmm - hell, just what I need, another lemming, lol.

It was a line of colorants that someone sold to Johanna...who has mucked it up for everyone. Let me tell you, that red was OUTSTANDING.

*sigh* I feel bad, but I filed a complaint with the BBB.

After thinking about it I really have no other option. I refuse to have to chase a supplier from forum to forum in the hoped of getting their attention.

This will be her 10th complaint on the BBB that I found. :(

ETA - just checked. Ummm, yea - I have a whopping 1 post on the dish, lol - though I've been a member since Nov of 06.

It reads like there are more that haven't been resolved yet. If you look below the grid which shows how the complaints were resolved, it has this:

Our complaint history for this company shows that the company responded to and gave proper consideration to most complaints. However, some complaints are unresolved meaning the company failed to properly address the complaint allegations or their response was inadequate.

Regardless, I'm about ready to make it #11 :mad:

You should not feel bad or guilty for complaining about bad companys. It's your money you are entitled to get the goods that you paid for. If enough people would report these crappy business' maybe they will close up & stop stealing peoples hard earned money.

OK off the box I go:p

In addition to the BBB, I would strongly urge anyone who is having Soap Silly woes to go here (the Dish) to post, using the form provided.

http://www.soapdishforum.com/forum/index.php?showforum=7

In addition, alot of soapers go here. The Scent Review.

http://scentreviewboard.obisoap.ca/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=b79ff06b49dd9d7d2cf190f21080b68b

The more complaints that are filed, the easier they are for a new person to find during a search.

Ruby - I am happy to know that you got a respsonse. It tells me that SOMEONE is there!

Cathy, I know I 'shouldn't' feel bad - but I do. I am taking the necessary steps to ensure others won't fall into the same trap I did. I did try doing searches on SS prior to placing my order - apparently my search skills here & at the Dish need to be worked on, lol.

WW, I started a thread on the Dish. I now see (thank you for the links) that there are quite a few recent threads of the same company.

I know how hard it is to run a small business, home, family - plus I have a full time job as well. That's why I feel bad. I know what it's like to bogged down and not being able to see how or when you can catch up. But - as I see it, it doesn't take much to respond to an email. Tell me something is OOS, tell me anything. But just not answer? That's wrong.

Oh, Johanna was busy posting to her yahoo group yesterday, but couldn't answer an email to tell me why I still don't have my order. That's what peeves me off so badly. :mad:

After a little trip through her site, I suspect that instead of allowing for orders that were on hold from the fall prebuy, she sold out of at least one FO on my order. Now the prebuy scents are all there, yet my order still can't be sent. I could be way off base, but this would be my guess since I haven't heard anything otherwise.

It's no coincidence that some of the people who complain publicly receive shipping notices soon after.

Ya know, I'm pretty gullible and easily pacified...all it would have taken is an answer to an email to put me off until something is back in stock. I don't want to initiate a chargeback or file a complaint with the BBB, I just want what I paid for. :sad2:

I didn't want to go this route either. But - I also don't want to go through what I did with Wholesalers Hub.

It really is a sad state of affairs though. The competition between suppliers has to be fierce, I don't envy them. I have a hard enough time keeping up with other etailers, lol.

But - I don't know. Maybe I've become spoiled by the other suppliers I use and get superb service.

Are you guys contacting the State's Attorney General's office in her state and filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau??? Also file a complaint with her IP host, or whatever it's called (not so comuter literate!) and Paypal if she takes it and they may just shut her ass down. At least you will cause some havoc for her and her site, no matter how long ago you ordered, and you may get your money back!! It does work......that's what I did with Almost Heaven and got all my money back and she was thrown off Paypal. :highfive:

I don't mean to change the subject but I have an outstanding order with Almost Heaven from back when that colorant buy was. I think it was like 1.5 years ago or something crazy like that. I have minimal communication saved as emails from her but stupidly did not save the original invoice email I got. It was one of my first few orders and I didn't realize that I was being had to much to late. Do you think that there is still anything that I can still do to get my money back? I'm out almost $150 :mad: to Lea.

You should have filed with the BBB and contacted the Attorney General's office in her state, that's what I did. I filed after 9 months with mine and got my money back, so it can't hurt to try with yours. All they can say is too much time has passed. Good luck!!