Circle

I have been making rustics since I started making candles (around 5 months) and they look great UNTIL they get cold, then the nightmare starts and the frosting becomes blistered/bubbled and crumbles off. You can take your finger and press and the bubble/blister just cracks!!! I use MP 140 paraffin wax with no additives. Please advise what could be causing this. I have given up making them as one big order turned into no customer as they had to send some back for me to sort out and I think they were quite peeved. I pour at 72C.

It sounds like a trapped air bubble. Pour hotter or when you pour look for the shiny, glistening stuff attached to the wall of the candle and pour it off or pour a little hotter (5ish degrees or so) ... or both. I get that sometimes and that's what I really think it is.

The only problem 4 months down the line is that the customer sees the blister and pushes on it!!!! Puts them off yr candles for life lol.

Any tips yet on how I can download pics to this here site, I can email pics and everything but I can't figure this out, not too bright with computers I guess lol.

Any tips yet on how I can download pics to this here site, I can email pics and everything but I can't figure this out, not too bright with computers I guess lol.
1. You can use the image icon from the editing bar above the posting window (the yellow one with a mountain and a sun in it). Simply insert the URL of your image. Be sure you do not repeat the http:// as it's already written in for you. The software will insert the tags for you also. ;)

2. If you have an online photo album (such as PhotoBucket), you can use the URL to that image within a BB code "tag" In Photobucket, for example, several different codes are provided under each image. You would copy the IMG code one and paste it into your message where you want your photo to appear (be sure the image is not too small or large).

3. You can attach images from your computer by scrolling down just below the message posting window to "Additional Options", then click on "Manage Attachments" under the "Attach Files" section. Just follow the instructions from there.

Here is a link to BB Codes and how to use them - scroll down to Images

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

HTH :)

Thank you all so kindly for your help.

Stella, thanks for all those tips, the last one you gave me doesn't seem to be activated for me, I don't have the options you are talking about. I only have Misc options - 2 of, Thread subscription and rate thread? I will work on the attachment tomorrow morning, it is 9.30pm now and I'm shattered!!!

Thanks Cas:confused: :confused: :confused: