Whacky Whiffs soap spoiler

GrandmaArial

Yesterday I wasn’t thrilled with this; the ginger had taken over and couldn’t smell the gardenia, cinnamon or clove at all. What a difference a day can make. The gardenia has bloomed beautifully! With the undertones of the spices it’s a bold and brassy scent! Probably not for everyone, but definitely me!

This is only the second batch of soap I’ve made that has no additives besides some white tea (for liquid) and the FOs. (gardenia, green tea and ginger, clove, and cinnamon). The other batch was my first try at CP and I wouldn’t up tossing it. This one I may make again. Maybe…it moved very fast, was a pain to get in the mold in time. The first attempt for this had white tea swirled in that turned a greenish, greenish black with the silver mica, then the un colored portion seized as I was pouring it into the mold. It actually broke into chunks! I tried to save it by tossing it all into the crock pot but the whole thing took a look of something you don’t want to bath with (think wrong end of a cow, and I’m not talking about the milk). That batch had more green tea and ginger, and infused oils of pepper and nutmeg (just a couple drops each).

post-7822-139458440028_thumb.jpg

Natural? This is the most unnatural soap I’ve made! LOL. The closest to botanicals in it are a few drops of infused oils and the white tea I used for liquid. The specks on top and the grey swirls are silver mica. I was working on making a soap that doesn’t look rustic, LOL, just to be different. I guess I need to try harder, LOL.