Upland Molds re-opening

jbren

LOL... I thought this was something GOOD. :grin2:

I was on the site last night. I almost feel sorry for them when they reopen.

What a stampede!

*snort!* Kinda like a Black Friday.....I can see all of the stickblender wielding ladies and gents camped out in front of their doors! :grin2:

That's fantastic news, I would love to have a couple more log molds.

Thanks for the news Jbren.

Me too Deb, I only have one Upland log, want a bigger one.

Am thinking of selling my UPland Slab because I prefer the Kelseis.

Also thinking of contacting Jeff now for one of his molds

Also thinking of a vertical from SoapHutch.

Lotsa 'thinking' and Christmas $$ burning a hole in my pocket~! :laugh2:

I better do something before I spend it on (God forbid) something other than soaping!

I just bought one off the classies...it is just a small slab.one..but that will give me a good idea of how well I like them...and when I am ready..I can go on to the bigger ones...and maybe even a log...So many of you mention that you really like the log ones better...is there a reason for this?

Some of the nice swirl techniques don't work well in log molds because the bars face sideways, but logs can be very easy and efficient to cut.

From what I understand, apart from the bar size the special thing about Upland molds is the silicone liner, right? That's what we're missing with Upland being on hiatus, because if you had the liner you could have a mold made to work with it.

The best we could do at this point is line a mold with pieces of silicone, maybe by cutting up a baking mat.

I am wondering????Why can't dividers like the tog molds be make to fit in the upland molds..Then you would have the best of both worlds...not having to line...and not having to cut...I am going to see if my hubby will make me some dividers..I have a tog mold already so it shouldn't be to hard to use them as a guide...I just love having the dividers...When I get my upland mold that I just bought here on the classie board, I will see if my husband will make me some..and I will let you all know...

I just bought one off the classies...it is just a small slab.one..but that will give me a good idea of how well I like them...and when I am ready..I can go on to the bigger ones...and maybe even a log...So many of you mention that you really like the log ones better...is there a reason for this?

I can't cut straight worth a flip so I love my Kelsei slab molds, they are wonderful for consistent size bars and you can swirl beautifully in them. I do put sam's wrap in the bottom of the mold to help with the release but I don't consider that lining because it's easier than wrapping a piece of cake.:laugh2: I love my upland logs for the easy release of the soap log when I do hp and for some special effects that you can't get in a slab mold (layers comes to mind). Now that does make cutting a challenge for me so I had my fil build a log slicer that works pretty good. But my favorite size bar is still the Kelsei bars. If I need to make a lot of logs then I will save up and buy a tank.

Jbren, I love your choices, I'll be waiting to hear what you buy with your hot Christmas cash.