Cream Soaper's Out There

ladysj

I am a member of the yahoo group and have found it very informative. However, I am looking for just a basic recipe that I can add clays, or make a scrub etc. to. The recipes on the group are great recipes however I don't have most of the stuff they are calling for.

If someone has a simple basic recipe they would like to share that I can kind of tweak please pm me. Or if anyone has made the Snowdrift farm recipes but made it the way they make on the group any help on how to do this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Same here, I've read & read the recipes on there but all the ingredients are overwhelming to me. I had such a hard time with liquid soap that I find I am really dragging my feet to try cream soap even though I have been dying to try it for months now, lol.

I tried the Avocado one on Snowdrift Farms. At that time I wasn't quite sure what I was doing or suppose to be doing ROFL :laugh2: I must admit I was pleased with the way it foamed and lathered. I do know that the one's on the yahoo group they do the creaming process later on and are cooking the soap so I don't know if this recipe could be adapted to this as well.

I was wondering if I could plug this recipe into a cream soap calculator and get the super cream part for it.

What I'm really looking is something that I can make a gentle, exfoliating facial scrub/wash and preferably be able to put it in a malibu tube instead of jars. I just feel continually sticking hands in jars is nasty :laugh2:

I am almost certain that the Tony's yahoo group has some cream soap recipes made by Bekka. She is well-versed in cream soap, I saw her do a demo at a soap conference. It might be worth a peek.

Bekka's recipes are on the Yahoo group and I agree they have all kinds of additives that I do not have.

I searched on another forum and found a recipe on there that was simple and I used it for my first batch. Let me see if I can find it in my notebook and see who posted it.

I amde the Snowdrift Farm method and I am now liking it pretty well after 2 weeks sitting in a gallon glass container. It has thickened up quite nicely.

Bekka does have some really nice cs recipes. I have made the Rose clay cs every one that has tried it loves it. One time I left out the rose clay and used super fine sugar for a facial cleanser. I have a friend that ask for it all the time.

In Jan. There is suppose to be a class on a every basic recipe for cs and ls. But i have not seen anything latley on it.

I would like to get a handle on how to put a recipe together that would be basic and you could add beenys to.

I have never tried the snow drift farm one.

I am also on the Yahoo group and get a lot of info from there, but you are right, they tend to do pretty involved recipes. No matter what type of recipe you use, you HAVE to use stearic acid and glycerin. I highly recommend Catherine Failor's "Making Cream Soap" booklet...it really goes through the basics and the "whys" and has several basic recipes.

Here is one: (Ive seen it posted elsewhere so I hope its OK to post here)

24 oz stearic acid

4 oz coconut oil

4 oz soft oil of choice (olove, safflower, whatever)

9-12 oz glycerin

1 oz sodium hydroxide

5 oz potassium hydroxide

36 oz water

for supercreaming after the cook:

1 -1 1/2 oz melted stearic

OR

1/2 - 3/4 oz boric acid dissolved in 4 oz hot water

I am also on the Yahoo group and get a lot of info from there, but you are right, they tend to do pretty involved recipes. No matter what type of recipe you use, you HAVE to use stearic acid and glycerin. I highly recommend Catherine Failor's "Making Cream Soap" booklet...it really goes through the basics and the "whys" and has several basic recipes.

Here is one: (Ive seen it posted elsewhere so I hope its OK to post here)

24 oz stearic acid

4 oz coconut oil

4 oz soft oil of choice (olove, safflower, whatever)

9-12 oz glycerin

1 oz sodium hydroxide

5 oz potassium hydroxide

36 oz water

for supercreaming after the cook:

1 -1 1/2 oz melted stearic

OR

1/2 - 3/4 oz boric acid dissolved in 4 oz hot water

Thank you. I soooooooooo want her cream soap book but I just hate having to pay as much in shipping as the book is. Wish I could find someone that has one to sell.