Gift Basket Question

MochaMama

Hi ladies:

I was thinking about gift baskets the other day and wondered how this would work.

I would like to purchase votive candles from an online source - (reputable, professinal, been in business a while) and include them in my baskets - ya know, matching scents soap, whipped shea, lotion bar, etc.

What would be my insurance liability, if any? (of course, I would include all original packaging, i.e. Jane's Candle Scents and all warning labels, included with the candle.)

Thanks in advance,

Hi,

I think the best person to answer that question is your liability insurance company if you have insurance. If not, then contact someone that offers that type of insurance and ask them if that insurance covers other companies products. I guess you would be private labeling their products with your labels? Hmmmmm.....you do have a good question there!

HTH!

Carrie

I asked a similar question to my insurance agent. She said that if a candle explodes and catches a home on fire. The home owner usually goes after the store the candle was purchased. Then the stores insurance goes after the candle co. business for the loss. It is like a trickle down effect to the source, so I highly recommend if you don't have insurance, you better get it. It will be well worth it.

I asked a similar question to my insurance agent. She said that if a candle explodes and catches a home on fire. The home owner usually goes after the store the candle was purchased. Then the stores insurance goes after the candle co. business for the loss. It is like a trickle down effect to the source, so I highly recommend if you don't have insurance, you better get it. It will be well worth it.

Ditto....and the cost of the insurance is not that much compared to the peace of mind you will have (maybe :confused: )