Anyone ever heard of this??

Cindys

I received a phone call from this woman this morning. She said she got my card from someone, but couldnt remember who. She proceeded to tell me about this company called CandleWealth. She sounded quite confused and unsure of herself about this company. She wants me to join her and try and make a go of this. To me it sounds like a pyramid gimmick. This is the site www.candlewealth.com Let me know what you think Thanks

Why oh why when this comes up do I always go look at their site? for laughs? Guess so.... "If you can boil water, you can make candles." That just cracks me up! I love the "adjust the temperature" comment on the video after the dye is added. Also, the "measuring" the oil part always gives me a nice little chuckle.

Candlewealth is what got me interested in soy candle making. I generally don't go for the pyramid type companies but this interested me. I went as far as looking at their price lists before I changed my mind about them. They make you up this website and you get more people to join under you. You make your money by either selling candles (buying their very expensive supplies) or building your own pyramid and having people under you buy supplies from them, you get a percentage of $ from each person under you. Their supplies are so much more expensive than you would find anywhere else. Its not worth it when you can go it yourself. They're not providing you with anything that you can't do yourself with a little research and patience. I'm surprised their still going. I remember one time, I met this Mother and daughter team, trying to sell candles at the flea market I sell at and they had maybe a 4oz jar selling at the same amount as 16oz jar. They told me they were never coming back, they didn't make 1 sell because they were at least trying to make back what they spent. Problem is, if you're not selling at their suggested prices you're not making the money back that you paid to get the products from them.

Okay...lightbulb.

We all have tons of people who have approached us with "will you show me how to make candles?" ... "Where do you get supplies" .. "That has to be so easy, how do you do it?"

I will sign up for candle wealth. I will get business cards made...enough for everyone here who wants to participate in my little scheme. When any of us get asked "those" questions, hand them the card and say, "It IS so easy!!!!! Go here." The will sign up under me; of course after a while, I will have tons of people under me on my pyramid. Then, I will use my candle wealth bazillions to buy a huge piece of property in the middle of the country. We will build a candle commune while continually recruiting new pyramid members to fund our commune. We will be a community of the most amazing candle makers in the country. We will start "THE Candle Company". With all the amazing quality and selection, we will soon be outselling all other candle companies, force them to fold and "THE Candle Company" will monopolize the candle world.

Who is in? In order to be considered for the commune, you must posses a functioning non-candle skill. After all, it is a commune...we all need to pitch in. For example, I know a lot about wine, so I will be the official commune wine steward. I also like to iron, so I can take on that duty as well.

Next?

OMG VE... LOVE THE IDEA!!!

I'm in... Let's pick a nice warm island instead of the country to build the commune!!

I am good at Hobie Cattin!!! I will teach people how to sail!! :highfive:

After a morning sail with me, then they can head back to the beach at noon to drink wine with you and mail out business cards to round up some more SUCKERS so we can live wildly!!!

NEXT...

You are so right Island girl...warm and tropical it is. After all, I am sure after only a few weeks we can afford an island.

Oh not so fast my Dear Jeff...before I pass the bottle, you have to offer up a skill for our Paradise Pyramid Candle Commune (PPCC). I am thinking something manly. What do you have??? Huh? Huh? You can keep everyone supplied in custom molds, deal?

So we have

Ironing

Wine stuff

Skippering/sailing

Mold making (If Jeff agrees)

Come on people...these four measly skills will not a commune keep! Ante up now if you want a piece of finacial freedom at the expense of others.

We have all the basics now...food, clothes and booze. Everything else will just be frosting on the decorative candle bunt cake.

I have decided, as your self-appointed leader and chief financial officer, that we need a better name for our commune. Of course some of our graphic designers are going to have to step up and offer their services. We will need lots of print media...everything from business cards to bumper stickers. I can see it now... "Follow me to financial freedom. If you can boil water, you will make me, uh, I mean yourself rich!"

Oh hell ya I want in on this.

Let's see, we are going to be on a island. Hummmm. We are going to be wealthy. Island, water, beach, hot, nakid...I got it!

I will be in charge of the Cabana Boys! I can teach them how to serve drinks, apply suntan lotion, towel dry us, give massages, hold our hair back while we sip beverages and eat fruit, etc. I can do this! :yay:

Oh hell ya I want in on this.

Let's see, we are going to be on a island. Hummmm. We are going to be wealthy. Island, water, beach, hot, nakid...I got it!

I will be in charge of the Cabana Boys! I can teach them how to serve drinks, apply suntan lotion, towel dry us, give massages, hold our hair back while we sip beverages and eat fruit, etc. I can do this! :yay:

OK! I'm out! No cabana boys applying lotion to me.

:timeout:

What a wonderfully devious, um, I mean brilliant plan! I am SO in!! :thumbsup:

And I can't believe that no one has offered their skill to make soap. After all, we must keep our tanned nekid bodies clean :tongue2: So, I will make divine smelling, yummy skin conditioning soaps for our beautiful bronze bodies :D

And I wanna help with the goats too. I miss having goats and sweet little goat kisses :)