How do you show your sample scents?

deanna

I am looking for a way to show customers what scents I have without having to lug my candles from place to place. I know some people make votives or tealights as samplers...anyone have any more creative ideas than that? I would love your input!

Hi,

I use those stackable medication sorters. It's a plastic "tube", about the width of a tealight, with a different section for each day of the week. Each "day" screws on and off and you can stack more on if you want. I just pour some of my leftovers from my latest batch and then label it. I'd attach a picture, but I lent it to my SIL for one of her friends to choose some fragrances!

Michelle

I went to walmart looking for something to carry samples in, but had no luck. Any other place I can go? Kmart maybe?

I got mine at AC Moore. It's a plastic box you would use to keep beads and small stuff like that separate. (So look in the bead section) My tealights fit into the little slots perfectly. When you flip the lid open the fragrances are listed on the inside of the lid for easy reference.

Walmart and KMart have the plastic tackle boxes.. look where the fishing stuff is. I have Plano model 3620.. got them at KMart. I use 1/2 oz tins to put my samples. I can get 40 in a case so can take 80 in 2 cases that fit in a large tote. The small tins can be a real pain to get open at times so I WD-40 the area that the lid overlaps the bottom.. much better.

These are great:

http://www.atwixend.com/product_info.php?products_id=243&category_id=2

You can find them for less and in different sizes, but unfortunately, it has been such a long time since we purchased them, I can't find the link. Anyone else have it? They are cases used to store watch parts, among other things.

I am still pretty new to all of this, but I like the way you can tote around all of your candles. I have a couple of questions however. First of all are the tins wicked? and second, do you use a container wax for the tins or the wax that you normally use ( for me that would be a pillar/votive wax Calwax CB10)

Jeff

I have 4 of the watchmaker's cases and to me it was a huge waste of money. They were easy to carry around and customers thought it was really neat, but the scents kept blending into each other. I'm still trying to decide what to try next. I may try the small tins with the soft tackle boxes.

Brandi H

humm i've been using these for samples now for over a year and never had a problem with them not holding their scent, i'm gonna say thats false. Maybe they meant the actually tarts melting don't hold their scent long, which i could see since they are small squares and wouldn't take long for the scent to burn off. But i don't use them for tarts just samples.....

I got these. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Product.aspx?Tab=2&CatalogID=3&GroupID=588&CatalogTitle=0&CategoryID=804&CategoryName=Jelly+Jars

Then I got these plastic boxes at the dollar store. They are clear and say 'stuf' on the top ( I will cover that with a big label) They hold 11 of the jars with caps on. They would hold 12 but the caps won't allow for that. I seperated out the scents. Florals in a box, fruits in another, etc. They are kind of bulky but it was the best I could do for now.

I will be borrowing a digi from a friend on Wednesday. I will try to post pics.