cricut

mcornwell

I have been looking around for the cheapest one and found one at Walmart for $98.00. This has been the best deal I have found. SamClub is selling them for around $360.00. Online through Provocraft they are selling them for about $200.00. I am not sure what the shipping is...

I got the Expression and tested it to make a few sample words and I loved the precision cutting. I never used any of the manual die-cut products before, but I used the old fashioned letter templates or else cut letters out that I printed on my computer and I obsessed over getting them cut perfectly with scissors or an exacto knife, which I seldom could. But that's not an issue with the Cricut.

It sucks that you can't use coupons on any Cricut products. I read somewhere that it's an individual store's requirement, not the company that makes Cricuts. I guess they know they've got a hot product on their hands and want to make every penny they can off of them.

I have a source where I can get most of them for $65 each or maybe less depending on the quantity. Disney is higher. PM me if you're interested.

Guest LightofDawn

Can anyone tell me what the maximum thickness of paper the Cricut will cut. I was looking at one before Christmas but was unable to find this out.

Thanks

Dawn

I have a Cricut and absolutely love it! :grin2: Bought it when Michael had the whole kit (extra mats & blades, paper, & tools) on sale, but I can't remember what I paid.

A friend recently pointed me in the direction of Custom Crops and they're definitely I've ever seen the cartridges anywhere, $40-60 for most. Haven't personally ordered from them yet, but my friend has and didn't have anything bad to say.

Otherwise, I just keep an eye out for when Michaels marks them down a bit and just buy then; Don't really have the time to shop around for a better price than that.

Well, I'm happy to see positive things said about the Cricut. I'm buying one and super excited about it. I was contemplating between the Cricut and Wishblade, but chose to go with the Cricut in hopes that they figure out what to do with that USB port for consumers!!

• 1 year later...

I got the Cricut expressions on Ebay for $218.00 shipped. I had been watching auctions and just so happened to get a 10% from Ebay for not shopping with them for so long and happened to find this one with only 15 mins. left in the auction when I was home on lunch break one day. I let my sister who is a scrap booker use it first and she loves it. I want to use it to cut shapes out of material for appliques. We're going to go together on getting a couple of different cartridges. I see Michaels has cartridges on sale this week for $39.99 which is cheap in these parts.