35% Coconut Oil in recipe? Too drying??

fabulousfunfur

I have a recipe I found with 35% coconut oil.......That seems like too big a percentage. Would this soap be too drying?

Olive oil = 38.22%

sweet almond oil = 1.9%

coconut oil = 35.8%

Palm Oil 24.04%

The liquid is Soymilk and water........plus vanilla fragrance

I have cocoa butter I could substitute for some of the coconut? Would that be okay? Any other suggestions?

I want to make it Thursday night........

so any opinions before then is appreciated. :D

I've read that a certain amount of coconut oil (up to 30%) is moisturizing while more than that can be drying. Although in the same book, there was a recipe where the coconut oil amount exceeded 30% - I think it was almost 35%. If I were doing this recipe, I would probably move about 6% of the coconut over to the palm.

Okay so I switched the palm and coconut around so I have 35.8% palm and 24% coconut. Although I also think I am going to take 5% of the palm away and add in cocoa butter in it's place. I just needed a second opinion on that.

I am going to use the complete 10 oz of soymilk and no water in this recipe.

Has anyone tried using pure milk and no water in a recipe?

How did that work?

I undertstand you make it slushy........but is it okay to completely use milk and no water?

I personally couldn't use your recipe as my skin would be terribly dry from it, I had to eliminate all coconut oil and use only palm kernel at 17%.

As for the all milk.......sure it will be fine......I use 100% fresh goat's milk for the liquid in all my soaps. :D