Joy Wax

Its OK. I used zinc wicks. It pours really smooth with very little wet spots. As far as scent throw it depends on the scent. I used Pink Sugar and it was so strong I could smell it all over the house. Used the same amount of another FO couldn't smell it at all. All in all its pretty good

Thank you for all the opinions. I was wondering because NG is 10 minutes away from me and thought I might test that wax. Instead I think I am gonna add a bit of paraffin to my CBA. I love the ease of use, but do want to improve on the HT. I get a good HT with scents I have tested... but I want more. I am sooooooo greedy. :laugh2:

I am going to have a bunch of friends test for me, I know I have candle nose bad!

I just thought of something...I could add palm to my CBA! Top was telling me it is(CBA) a very inconsistent wax..so I was just going to use up what I had and then just use palm..for my natural wax instead of soy.Then I saw this thread! What a terrific idea to mprove the HT! Paraffin is ideal also..but my customers want all natural soy..or botanicals.I also have customers who want just paraffin like Yankee's.

So, I make both. More testing! I won't get my hopes up too high...but I just love the CBA"s texture and smooth tops!

Good luck FunFlames with your testing and thanks for this thread!

Kimmeroo:cheesy2:

Sunday I am going to mix up a batch of soy blend.... Joy wax is only 2% paraffin so I think I will start there.

I am hoping that will really help with HT, taking it from good to great! I know people really liked Joy wax it just was too inconsistent in its performance from batch to batch. I will let you know how it goes. It would be wonderful to find a botanical that would have the same effects as paraffin does on soy, but until then...

FunFlames, you might want to see if NG will verify that only 2% is paraffin. Another supplier sells what they say is the same formulation, different name and they put the paraffin at a much higher % if you ask. NG used to say the 2% but I haven't seen that on their site lately (not that I couldn't have missed it). It may still be a good wax for you but you probably want to know if it's 2% or 35% paraffin.

Not all wax is created equal. With that said, I myself use NG Joy Wax and don't have half as many problems as some say they do. But that's just me. I love this wax whatever % of paraffin it has.:cheesy2: It has really worked great for my container candles, the wax is so rich and creamy and it burns ALL the way around the jar. That's one thing I really love about it. Now, you do have to find the right scent for it because like some other waxes also I'm sure, it takes testing to get it right. But for me, I use it and love it.

That's why I try to make it very clear I'm talking about me and my experience with the wax because to tell you the truth, I have yet to get a bad batch. I too hear people talking of getting bad batches but I also hear them talking about how good the wax is. It was a thread a while back about Joy Wax. Did I start it?:confused: Uhmmm can't remember. You have some people here also using this wax. But like most things, you have to find what works better for you. And Joy Wax works for me. I have been using it for almost two years now. So close to two years, I guess I should say two. lol So far, so good.:cheesy2: HTH. Good luck with whatever you decide.

If you type in Joy Wax in the search here you will find many post from those of us that used the wax in the past. There started to be major inconsistencies with the wax from batch to batch which causes numerous problems. I use to use it and it was a very nice product but since I couldn't rely on it I decided to stop wasting money.

I loved Joy for the way it colored and its ease of use...loved it!

HOWEVER: MY only drawback is that it is inconsistent from batch-to-batch. I had to retest, rewick, retest. PITA!

If they stabilized it, and made it work with more consistency...I'd be all over it! I don't have the time or money to keep retesting with every order. Now think about having to do that with every fragrance, every new wax order...NOT! Then there was some jibberish about adding Crisco to it to stabilize it. Didn't try it, didn't want to.

It's unfortunate because I like them very much and wanted to do more business with them. It's business, not personal.

NG has good ppl, good FO's, wouldn't begrudge them their due. They have a nice soy wax as well. Their soaps are very nice as well.

Talk to NG over the weekend, via e-mail. I was shocked to get responses before today. Here is what I could pull out of them. "I am sorry, but I do not know how much soy is in the joy wax. All we know is that it is more than 50%." I got that answer the second time around.

So, it really doesn't help much, but we can guess it has a lot of paraffin in it.