Jo Malones Dupes???

littleshote

I am a big fan of Jo Malone stuff (especially the grapefruit candle). I have tried numerous suppliers in search of that elusive grapefruit....and have yet to find it. The Henri Bendel GF is the closest I've ever found to it (at a cheaper price). I have never seen the Henri Bendell fo though.

Tony's Jo Malone type has the kick of the gf candle ...maybe it's cedar, vetiver....not really sure but it doesn't have the citrus gf part. The sight says it has lavender and jasmine but my nose doesn't detect floral. I've tried adding gf fo to the mix but havent been able to duplicate it yet.

WSP has a wonderful (inexpensive) pink gf oil which is nothing like Jo Malone, but still I love it because I am a fan of gf.

A few sites do carry Jo Malone dupes, ie-Nect Honey Blossom, Lime Basil Mandarine, Orange Blossom, Lime Blossom and Black Vetiver Cafe. I have used these all in the Jo Malone line and they are somewhat subtle in throw (relatively speaking). The candles that I've made with dupes of these francrances have been much more subtle than Tony's Jo Malone type- as is true with the real Jo Malone Candles. I believe listed under the Supplier section of this website is a special from Solas (free ship) and this company carries a majority of these oils. I have never used this company but I've read many raves on this board regarding them.

The other real Jo Malone Candles that I've used are Honeysuckle Jasmine, Tuberose and Fig & Cassis. I have found these all to be strong throwers. And so it is with the dupes as well. CS Honeysuck Jasmine is phenomenal, inexpensive and a great dupe of Jo M. WSP, while a bit more expensive carries the Tuberose and Fig&Cassis, which are very similar to Jo M.

I just saw a comapny called Lonestar which carries Tuberose. I've never used them but I imagine Tuberose is tuberose and the price is much cheaper than WSP.

I think the original Jo M Grapefruit has GF, vetiver, rosemary, cedar....I wonder why a manufacturer hasn't made it yet?

hth,

Eve