Intarsia

SatinDucky

Thanks ya'll. It's nice to hear that others like it. I'm rather proud of how it turned out but sometimes we have a skewed vision of our own work...lol.

I may sell the pair when I finish the girl, if I can make myself let go. I'm kinda attached to it so I'll decide when they're done :D

As for how long it took.... umm... hard to say. I'd work on it for a few days then put it away for a few. I was using it for therapy to get my arm and hand back in use slowly. Sitting for hours watching tv gently sanding on my towel and cookie sheet. Over all about a month, but it wouldn't take that long if I kept at it steady.

I have a squirrel he cut out waiting for me next. It's gonna be so cute! :cheesy2:

WOW, seems time consuming but the results look very nice. Im sure people would be willing to pay lots for a set of those, especially since they are hand made.

BTW, Where in AL are you?

Thanks ya'll. It's nice to hear that others like it. I'm rather proud of how it turned out but sometimes we have a skewed vision of our own work...lol.

I may sell the pair when I finish the girl, if I can make myself let go. I'm kinda attached to it so I'll decide when they're done :D

As for how long it took.... umm... hard to say. I'd work on it for a few days then put it away for a few. I was using it for therapy to get my arm and hand back in use slowly. Sitting for hours watching tv gently sanding on my towel and cookie sheet. Over all about a month, but it wouldn't take that long if I kept at it steady.

I have a squirrel he cut out waiting for me next. It's gonna be so cute! :cheesy2:

Wow Satin it's just beautiful !! And amazingly detailed and well done for your first piece, great work. My MIL is just in love with this medium. She is an artist and anytime we go someplace that has these she just oogles, and oogles them :) I think that she would like to try it someday but lacks the confidence.

Anyway, good job. I'm looking forward to seeing your girl angel when she is done :)