Woodwick candles

Hi Everyone!

I really want to start making woodwick candles & would like to know if any of you have made them :undecided? If so, how did you fastened the wicks in the jars - like conventional wicks? Also, do they burn faster than regular wicks?

I would appreciate any help you can give!

Thank You!

Terri

I tested the wood wicks extensively in soy and decided that the results were just too unpredictable. They give a beautiful burn (when u can get it to stay lit) and gave an amazing scent throw though. The most common problem I've seen mentioned, and that I experienced myself, is that sometimes you can't get the wicks to light or stay lit.

If you want to do your own testing you used to be able to buy tabs for the wood wicks from wholesale supplies plus.

I tested the wood wicks extensively in soy and decided that the results were just too unpredictable. They give a beautiful burn (when u can get it to stay lit) and gave an amazing scent throw though. The most common problem I've seen mentioned, and that I experienced myself, is that sometimes you can't get the wicks to light or stay lit.

If you want to do your own testing you used to be able to buy tabs for the wood wicks from wholesale supplies plus.

FOF, what wax did you test in?

I am testing the ecosoya advanced too....I haven't tried the woodenwicks yet....how is the scent throw? Alot of ppl do not like this wax and I am so far loving it.I have poured an 8oz. mason,10oz. status jar and a small sq. libby jar from wally world.I haven't tried a larger jar yet..don't make too many of those..ppl seem to go for the smaller ones. Good luck with your testing!!!! Pics would be great!:cheesy2:

Kimmeroo

I actually have been testing for the last few days & I must say that so far, so good. The wicks are lighting easily & staying lit - throw is excellent! I'm using Ecosoya Advanced.

Where are you getting your wicks from? I've seen where a couple of places have them but not where I already get supplies from.

Guess the wood wicks don't have different sizes?:confused::yay:

• 1 year later...

I have been testing the wood wicks from soap and things. It crackles, low flame, strong scent throw and no soot or ashes. I use an 11 oz. straight sided tumbler that is just over 3 inches wide. The wood wick size I am using is the small. I am loving it. I do have it sitting on a large candle plate but so far I have not seen any sparks. I would recommend to label how to safely use them. The wax I am using is JBN's soy blend 70/30 wax.

I saw some bad reviews on soap and things but I am not having any problems with them so far. I used over an ounce of FO. I don't even trim the wick when I relight it. I will trim it the next time closer to the wax the next time to see if it crackles more but it seems fine to me the way it is.

<a href=

Has anyone made/tested a woodwick candle in a food container (example - Hunt's diced tomatoes 14.5 oz)?

I wonder if the small wick would burn too hot in a metal type container. The can is just a bit less than 3" wide. On her site the small woodwick is recommended in a container 3-4" in diameter. Perhaps a heavy fragrance oil would be the best pick for a container that is right at or just a little less than 3". I have some very heavy/thick oils that require me to wick up.

I'm not wanting to sell them, just make a few for myself. I just looked at my fireplace.......that would be a great place to burn/test and I could enjoy several at a time. I would shut the protective mesh screen just in case they do misbehave.:(

I have never burned a woodwick candle.....my friend loves to burn them in the winter time.

I agree, when they burn they give off a great scent throw, but they are very unpredictable and won't stay lit most of the time. I buy my wood wicks and special tabs from Lone Star.

I was so excited, I made 4 of them, (parasoy), 1 burned perfectly, the other three wouldn't stay lit. Phooey on that! :tiptoe: Carole