How do you get rid of the seam?

Ok...I tried using the search feature and for some reason it is not working for me. :tongue2:

After 2yrs of working on container candles I just got a pillar kit from Peaks. Im using IGI 4625 pillar blend in a seamed round mold that came with the kit. So, once the candle is out of the mold how do you get rid of the seam line...or is that something that you don't worry about? Sorry I know this question is probably been answered a million times but any advice would be much appreciated. :o :tiptoe: :smiley2:

Angle a knife (not serated) against the candle, about 90 degrees, and shave it off. Don't herky jerky when you pull along the seam or it gets ridges, bumps, but you don't have to take it all off at once either.

Buff the area smooth with a nylon or soft (not silky or satiny soft) fabric.

You're making 100% paraffin candles? Never thought I'd see the day. ;)

LOL...love your sense of humor Top...:cheesy2: I must say I'm really enjoying this wax and found it to be easy to work with but since I haven't tried any other pillar waxes I really have nothing to compare it to. I will eventually try other pillar waxes but for now this is working. Thanks everyone for your advice I guess I will have to run out to the store and pick up some hose...:cool2: