Wickless Candles?

Suds_n_flamezz

I did a couple of 6 oz tins with leftover Glass Glow palm wax just to see what it would do on the warmer and also to get rid of the last of that scent/color. I'm pretty impressed so far. While it took a long time to melt down, the fragrance was great throughout. I'm really curious to see just how long the scent lasts, if it beats soy with the same scent. Usually I just use my regular soy container wax for the wickless.

Are they just whatever wax we choose to use and no wick or do they require a special wax? Like I said, newbie here. I tried to do a search but it keeps coming up internet explorer error.

Suds, keep trying. Today, I found many previous threads on these when I used the search tool. :)

You can use pretty much any wax you choose, but the softer waxes with the low melt point will obviously melt quicker which is what releases the scent into the air. I suggest tins because glass is subject to cracking under continuous heat...I have personally used glass for my own use, I would just never sell wickless in glass. I use Naturewax C-3 for my wickless candles.

Nothing wrong with using glass for wickless.

...depending on the kind of wax used, the quality of the jar and the temperature of the warmer. Palm wax, for example, is notorious for shattering jars, especially ones that are tall with a lot of wax in them. High quality glass with soft, container wax is a good choice, but care and common sense should be used in the selection of the products. :)

Here are a couple of old threads where these type candles and different warmers for them are discussed. HTH :)

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62713&highlight=wickless

http://www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62541&highlight=wickless