Wickless Candles Question

I tried doing a search for this but it keep yielding a black page. Sorry if this has been covered already. And sorry if it is a dumb question :grin2:

I was asked to do a wickless candle for our community Yule Dinner. We are not allowed an open flame at the banquet hall so they want to use a candle warmer and want me to make a wickless. I've never done this. Is it just a matter of pouring your normally FO loaded wax into a normal candle jar? Just like I would pour a candle but without the wick? Is it really that simple? Am I trying to make it complicated?

Thanks,

Donna

Be sure to put a note for people seated not to lift and tilt the jar if it's full melted and bigger. If it's soy and clear looking while melted, it could like like a gel candle to someone. People who don't know wickless candles could lift it thinking it's something else. Sorry to say this, but I don't know why I just had to. LOL I just picture like my grandmother or something picking it up and tilting it to sniff it God forbid and it spilling hot oil all over her. I've seen people do stuff like this. Very smart people too. LOL ;)

Well if that's the case, might as well not even turn the hot thingie under the jar on. I don't think anyone will notice an unscented wickless jar burning. ;)

Hehe, I was thinking the same thing. That would be like making unscented tarts... hmmmm

Well, I'm going to bring several scents and just let them decide what they want. They wanted something "christmas/yuley", lol.So I poured a few that are kind of in the foody/cinnamony/spicey category. I think these will be ok with dinner. However, I would think that anything along the floral, musk, or ozone line would make me hurl my dinner if it were wafting through the air, LOL.

you can use pliers to pull the wick out from the wicktab and viola- wickless candle...

Yes, I actually have quite a few famer's market customers that do this :)