St Johnsbury Candles

Would you consider these candles a craft?? They were at my last show I did.The promotion company that puts this show on is the same one that does Christmas in the country.I also know that St Johnsbury does that one.Jury is hard for these shows, Christmas in the country takes years to get in to. They are looking for that unusual craft.So would you all consiser these candles a craft??We can start there, before I go any farther with this issue. Again Thanks for your input..

A friend of mine has the booth beside St. Johnsbury at Christmas in the Woods and says it's an absolute nightmare for them. St. Johnsbury has customers lined up waiting to get in and it makes it difficult for people to get thru to get to the other booths that are beyond theirs.

Personally I don't feel they belong at Christmas in the Woods...or any show that promotes hand crafted items but they have been there forever and I would be shocked if the promoters ever rotate them out like they do some of the other crafters.

Because St. Johnsbury is local it's a big deal around here...unfortunately! :sad2:

Karen

After reading the website I would say this line does not qualify for most of the hand crafted juried shows I do... These candles might be handpoured, however not by the owners of the business. They employee a staff of people. They had a 14,000 square foot building for their mail order and wholesale, plus they do craft shows which I imagine are not the owners either, but again staff.

Most hand crafted shows specifically state on their forms that the items must be made by the person selling them in the booth, or their immediate family. This does NOT mean employees of your company making something for you, following your design.

It's unfortuante show promotors dont' recognize the difference between hand crafted by the person in the booth, not just handcrafted by anyone in the city, cripes anyone can do that. Just my humble opinion....

I went to the promoters site and found this. Should I approach the promoter about this. One less candle booth means they would need to replace it with a different candle booth.Perhaps I would move up on the list. Or perhaps I would be scratched from all the lists.I really dont know what to do ( To those of you who exhibit in our shows, THANK YOU for your loyalty and professionalism that help us keep our high standards. And to those of you who haven't yet participated in one of our shows, we hope you'll take the first step in joining our winning team by submitting your hand-crafted items to our jury process. )

Cindys,

I wouldn't say a thing about it. Your company is more important and so is your reputation. Being that it won't help and people get very aggravated at the person doing the inquiry even if they are right.

It's a funny thing. Someone gets in an argument and the one that is the loudest is the one that no one likes - even if they are right.

So, really, when we don't follow good principles, wrong seems to win and right looks wrong. It's a no win situation.