Wholesale customers pay for shipping right?

you have to set your own policy, but for me personally ~ yes ~ my wholesale customers pay shipping. We require all new accounts to provide a UPS account number, and when their order is ready we bill the shipping 3rd Party to that account. That way ALL charges (rural surcharges, residential delivery address, change of address ~ can't be home, needs to ship to work, etc.) are charged to them and I don't have to go back and figure if I over/under charged anyone.

I have known other businesses to charge by percentage ~ i.e. shipping on wholesale orders is 15% or 20% of total cost.

Nothing wrong with charging their card twice ~ once for the product and again for the shipping, but keep in mind you'll pay an extra transaction fee for doing it that way.

It depends on where you set your prices. If you have a decent sized wholesale order and they are already getting the less-than-retail price (wholesale), the shipping can eat away your profits, if you set the bar too low.

If you're comfortable with figuring out your shipping costs to make sure YOU don't get stiffed, it is something that could be figured into your prices and you could use the "free" shipping as a selling point. I personally don't do that (the buyer pays shipping).

I have paid for it but with my wholesale being so low(like eating up my profit) I am going to have to charge some for shipping. It has so far been for a party and friends and relatives but I will be lenient. Only once did it take 2 boxes but the other orders I shipped in PO flat rate.

She is just getting started and I think I will do the 30 day invoice thing once she sells more. She is working with a company now to buy from her.

LynnS