Using avery designpro 5 is there a way to print different labels on same sheet?

friendlyMOM

I have been printing 5 labels at a time then feeding the sheet back through and printing 5 more labels, and got to wondering if there is a way to change the text and print them all on one sheet of labels? Like make 5 scented labels and then for number 6 change it without having to print and re feed the sheet back into the printer? Please say there is a easier way and I am missing it somehow!

If your talking about the same label for two or three different scent names, yes you can.

Just add tabs for the next scent name. I've got a few that I have three tabs on, so I have three of each of three scents and 1 extra scent.

Just add a tab then do a print Preview, see if that's what you want.

Let me see if I can explain this so it makes sense. Design your main label

on the master lavel tab it should be red. Omit any "specific" info that you don't want on every label such as scent name, or if every label is totally different then don't put anything at all on the master label. Now design your first label on the first tab, When it is correct if you want 3 or 4 or whatever more just like that click the little button on the bottom that looks like 2 sheets of paper and this will copy that label so you have as many of "that" style you want. Then what I do is copy another one and then I change that one to the new style cause there usually isn't many changes maybe a color change and a fragrance name and then I make copies of that one to how many I need and so on until you get the number of labels made that will fit on one sheet. Just remember what ever you have on the master will be on every label no matter what so if you put your logo on every label in the same

place go ahead and put that on the master or if all your lables have the same ingredients etc. Hope it helps some.

janis

Glad it is working out for you , once you mess with it , it is pretty easy but

the first few times it is kinda confusing. I know I used to print out individual sheet until I figured out I could change each individual label a few months down the road.

Janis

Yes, this is indeed a tremendous time saver. There's no limit to printing out any number of any of your labels this way. I have 50 tabs on my tart labels. You will find just how easy it really is to use once you've mastered it. It really is a great FREE software.

Anyone else having problems with your font changing,

when you open a saved project.

I am using the free download, and when I open my saved labels, all the

fonts have changed. Very furstrating.

Do you still have those fonts on your computer? If not, they won't show up in Avery and will revert to the default font which is probably ariel or whatever. You have to have the fonts installed in your computer for them to work. Any chance you made the labels on another computer that had the fonts and yours doesn't?

It should work for you. You should be able to print as many labels of one fragrance as you want and then edit it to print a different one for as many as you want all on the same sheet of labels. We have done that many times and it works great. You can even print one label per fragrance for each fragrance you have until the sheet is completely filled up with your fragrance selections.

Mike

Do you still have those fonts on your computer? If not, they won't show up in Avery and will revert to the default font which is probably ariel or whatever. You have to have the fonts installed in your computer for them to work. Any chance you made the labels on another computer that had the fonts and yours doesn't?

The font I am trying to use, came with the program, I don't know if I have it installed on my computer.

I'll look. I haven't thought about that being the reason it wouldn't stay.

Well, I looked and I do have the font I'm trying to use in my fonts folder.

I had made another label with a different font, and it stayed the same.

Doesn't make sense, if one would work and not the other.