ACK!!! Need help ASAP!

rae_g

I got a huge order of lotion base delivered to my porch and it froze. I didn't realize until now that it having frozen could be a huge disaster. It's a bad consistency now, kind of chunky, and doesn't get better when it's mixed up or rubbed into the skin.I have a HUGE order I need to get out on Monday, and 12 gallons of lotion I can't afford to replace even if I did have time. Is there anything I can do to get this lotion back to a good consistency? Would heating it up do any good?I contacted my supplier (it's WSP goat's milk) but since it's the week-end I don't know if I'll get a response in time.Any help is greatly appreciated! I'm freaking out more than a little bit right now.

Well. You can try to whip it in the blender, but I don't think that is going to help. If you reheat it, it will kill the preservative. But that is how you get it smooth again. Which you probably don't have any presevatives to add again. Call your supplier tomorrow and tell them it came frozen. They might replace it. If they dont' you can send it to me and I can fix it for you, for a small fee of the preseverative. Monica

comfort@vanyulay.com

www.vanyulay.com

Thanks for the responses! :) WSP did get back to me, thank goodness. She said that heating it should get it back to normal, but so far it's not there yet. :( I don't want to try much heat because of the preservative issue, but sitting in a sink full of hot water isn't quite doing it yet, and I have 12 gallons to do this with. Ugh.