Christmas Scents

kandlekrazy

What do you do with leftover Christmas scents that really aren't the year round type sellers? I've never had fo left over, but this year I think I just bought too many different scents for the holidays and I really don't want to make a store a ton of candles for next year. I've also never had oil much more than 8 months...and not much at that, so I'm just not sure if I should keep these until next Christmas??

Thanks for the replies! I'm running out of storage room, so I think I'll try either transferring the oils to the brown glass bottles for keeping, or mixing them with something to make them less Christmassy? And then do my best to remember next year to just underbuy and when the candles are gone...they are gone for the year.

Most of the food scents should be ok...most can be renamed and just used as is. But bayberry, pine, chirstmas berry and even the cranberry marmalade and pumpkin souffle I don't think will sell once the holidays are over unless they can be disguised when mixed. Not sure I'm not going to just chuck the pumpkin ones...I'm really sick of them for this year.

I can't remember what bayberry smells like but could it be mixed with the pine and called something outdoorsy?

'Pine' = 'Rocky Mtn Winter'

'Christmas Berry' = 'Winter Berry' or 'Snowberries'

'Pumpkin Souffle' = 'Country Kitchen' or 'Granny's Kitchen'

I don't think of cranberry marmalade as strictly Christmasy, but maybe mix it with strawberry and call it 'Berry Jam'?

Most of the food scents should be ok...most can be renamed and just used as is. But bayberry, pine, chirstmas berry and even the cranberry marmalade and pumpkin souffle I don't think will sell once the holidays are over unless they can be disguised when mixed. Not sure I'm not going to just chuck the pumpkin ones...I'm really sick of them for this year.

You could sell them cheap or for shipping only... I wouldn't dump a FO...

Oh, CS's Pumpkin Souffle is like the discontinued CC Perfect Pumpkin (I think that's what I was told). I actually just ordered a 8 oz bottle to keep on hand because I ran out of my oils and have GROUPIES for this scent. I'm out of CS's Cranberry Marmalade and may have to order more of that one too. I really don't think that one is Christmasy though. Mistletoe and Bayberry are though...

-Kristi

I can't remember what bayberry smells like but could it be mixed with the pine and called something outdoorsy?

'Pine' = 'Rocky Mtn Winter'

'Christmas Berry' = 'Winter Berry' or 'Snowberries'

'Pumpkin Souffle' = 'Country Kitchen' or 'Granny's Kitchen'

I don't think of cranberry marmalade as strictly Christmasy, but maybe mix it with strawberry and call it 'Berry Jam'?

Thanks Darbla...but do they actually sell after the holidays...that's my big concern because I don't have storage room. Luckily I got rid of all but a few candles poured in these scents and I plan on giving the rest for gifts.

You could sell them cheap or for shipping only... I wouldn't dump a FO...

Oh, CS's Pumpkin Souffle is like the discontinued CC Perfect Pumpkin (I think that's what I was told). I actually just ordered a 8 oz bottle to keep on hand because I ran out of my oils and have GROUPIES for this scent. I'm out of CS's Cranberry Marmalade and may have to order more of that one too. I really don't think that one is Christmasy though. Mistletoe and Bayberry are though...

-Kristi

Most eveyone here loves that pumpkin souffle also, I'm just not a pumpkin spice person and that particular one...who am I kidding...all of them are pukey to me. I'm trying to get my partner to pour all the pumpkin scents, but she is rarely available for that end of the business. I may put them in the classies like suggested...they would be good for a newbie to test with if nothing else. I am going to try to keep 1 or 2 until next year to see how they do being stored.