Giving up on V-1

I, too, have been disenchanted with V1 (only another 40 pounds to use!) so I purchased some EcoSoya PB to test some months ago in my quest for a more reliable votive & pillar blend.

I just poured my first tests of EcoSoya PB this afternoon and so far, I am impressed! I poured many votives and one 2" pillar. So far, the cold throw is good, the consistency and texture of the candle is outstanding, tops were good, no sign of any frosting beginning. I simply heated the wax to 170°, added FO & dye and poured at 150°. No tempering, no additives - just melted and poured. Sure was simple! :wink2:

I am testing three different patchoulis in this batch, so I'll wait about a week before I test burn any. Will update after I test them.:wink2:

Stella, I'm glad the Ecosoya is working for you! Mine should be here on Monday, and I can't wait. I'm finishing up my last 10 pounds of V-1, and last night just confirmed that I am done - I made one batch of tarts, and when I went to take them out of the molds, they broke into four or five pieces. So, so done with that.

I, too, have been disenchanted with V1 (only another 40 pounds to use!) so I purchased some EcoSoya PB to test some months ago in my quest for a more reliable votive & pillar blend.

I just poured my first tests of EcoSoya PB this afternoon and so far, I am impressed! I poured many votives and one 2" pillar. So far, the cold throw is good, the consistency and texture of the candle is outstanding, tops were good, no sign of any frosting beginning. I simply heated the wax to 170°, added FO & dye and poured at 150°. No tempering, no additives - just melted and poured. Sure was simple! :wink2:

I am testing three different patchoulis in this batch, so I'll wait about a week before I test burn any. Will update after I test them.:wink2:

Please let us know when you burn these. I would find it hard to be impressed with any wax after having just poured it for the first time but not knowing how it acts over time and with use, especially since so many veg waxes tend to get funky just sitting there.

I have no clue what this tempering is all about. Must have something to do with chocolate, lol. But I'm curious: did you poke relief holes or have you done anything to prevent sink holes or pockets? Since a votive is really just a small pillar type candle, I always poke relief holes in them. I seem to recall reading that you don't. I'll be interested in hearing how this wax does for you once you have an idea how it acts.

Thanks

www.SunshineWaxWorks.com